Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading Toronto-based law firm of more than 400 people, focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Information & Technology Specialist in our Marketing Department. The ideal candidate will be a junior or intermediate level marketing professional with an aptitude for technology, or an experienced technology professional who is interested in moving into the legal marketing field. Training will be provided for specific applications.
This position requires a flexible schedule, with standard hours of work being either 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., plus occasional overtime.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Drafting and posting up-to-date content to the Firm’s external website, intranet and social media platforms.
- Coordinating newsletter production and distribution with the lawyers and other Marketing Department staff, under the direction of the Marketing Manager.
- Compiling and submitting information about the Firm’s experience and accomplishments to relevant legal and business publications and websites, as directed.
- Working with the Firm’s external web developer to enhance website functionality.
- Contributing to the implementation of new technology projects and upgrading of existing technology applications in the Marketing Department, including the Experience (Deals & Cases) database and Proposal database. Training will be provided in specific applications.
The successful candidate must have the following demonstrated skills:
- Strong interest in and aptitude for working with technology.
- Professional and highly self-motivated.
- Confident and easily able to interact with lawyers and other employees at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and direction, as well as participating in team efforts.
- Above average attention to detail.
The successful candidate must have the following Work Experience & Education:
- College or University degree required.
- A minimum of five years previous work experience, with at least two years in either a legal or accounting firm environment, or in a marketing or information technology department.