Think Research is changing the way healthcare is delivered - and not in the Buckley’s “tastes awful but it works” kind of way. We’re building software to give clinicians the information they need to treat patients better and faster. We’re growing fast (300 + hospitals!), and need some help keeping up with the demand.
Our Event Planner is responsible for leading and organizing our Business Development team’s events. From conferences to client events, you’re a creative and motivated individual who enjoys working as part of a fast-paced team.
- Be part of something special. It’s not every day that you get to change the way your friends and family are cared for.
- Unbeatable downtown location right across the street from Union Station (and 30 seconds away from 17 different Starbucks locations!)
- We want to develop our team. Grow with us, and be prepared for plenty of opportunity to advance upwards
- Competitive (entry-level) salary
The Kind of Work You’ll be Doing:
- Develop and lead events that engages our teams, clients and partners
- Coordinate and develop annual plan for our presence at events, tradeshows and conferences
- Supports the marketing and business development teams in client and partner outreach
- Attend tradeshows, conferences and other events as required
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with conference leaders
- Coordinate with administrative staff to ensure event supplies and materials are prepared and available
- Maintain a detailed promotional/events calendar and stay up to date with emerging relevant conferences and shows
The Boring Stuff:
- A degree or diploma in a related field (event planning, public relations, marketing, business, etc.)
- Experience managing large events - come ready with a portfolio of events you have directly managed/co-managed
- High attention to detail, your friends would describe you as a highly organized individual
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, being able to thrive under pressure, and maintain positive relationships
- Strong organization and time-management skills, being able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities within short timelines
- Creativity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to operating both independently and within a team environment that is rapidly changing
- Working knowledge of rocket science