Marketing Designer full-time
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, Marketing Services, the Marketing Designer is responsible for supporting the implementation of marketing strategies across all channels to increase awareness of and participation in programs, services, and events. This includes, but is not limited to, creating, coordinating and maintaining design elements and copy for print, digital, web, email, and social media platforms. The Marketing Designer is responsible for the layout and production of promotional literature and publications, including the Recreation Guide; supporting social media and website administration; conducting market research/benchmarks; developing visual identity artwork and guidelines for signage at recreation facilities; and liaising with external vendors to source marketing materials
• Creates, coordinates and maintains the design and copy for marketing materials across all
channels, including print, digital, web, email, and social media platforms, in adherence to
branding standards. This includes, but is not limited to, websites, TVs, publications,
posters/flyers, presentations, award applications, forms, advertisements, signage,
eNewsletter/email, social media posts/stories/videos.
• Responsible for the design, layout, and production of departmental long form print and
digital publications, including the Recreation Guide, to align with program planning critical
• Conducts market research/benchmarks and makes recommendations regarding marketing
and design trends/best practices, and develops branding concepts, to support marketing
and communication projects.
• Assists with developing artwork, guidelines, and procedures for visual identity (e.g.,
signage, marketing displays) at recreation facilities, and helps conduct reviews to ensure
• Provides social media administration support, including designing, writing, and scheduling
posts; flagging and escalating issues to Supervisor; tracking insights; conducts on-site
coverage of programs and events, when required.
• Provides website maintenance, including designing graphic elements and webpage
layouts, writing and scheduling content; creating accessible documents and forms;
tracking insights; and posting emergency notices and service disruptions, when required.
• Liaises with department staff regarding the marketing of programs, services and events.
• Works closely with departmental staff to review recreation program content to ensure that
information published on multiple platforms/channels is current, accurate and consistent,
flags issues to Supervisor.
• Participates on marketing, promotional and communications committees and taskforces as
• Liaises with external vendors and service providers to establish specifications, obtain
quotes, send artwork, and coordinate production and delivery of marketing materials, in
consultation with the Supervisor.
• Assists with monitoring the department’s marketing email inbox, and reviewing/actioning
marketing services requests.
• Performs other related tasks and projects, as assigned, which are in accordance with job
responsibilities or necessary departmental or corporate objectives.
• Maintains digital filing systems and inventory for marketing materials.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and
Regulations and the corporate Occupational Health and Safety Policy and related
Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) year College or University Diploma in Graphic Design.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in the marketing industry, designing and creating
promotional material, including producing camera-ready artwork for large- scale
publications and a wide range of print and digital projects, working with printing
companies, developing production schedules and plans to meet critical paths, copy
writing, social media, and website management and, conducting market research,
preferably in a municipal recreational environment.
- Competency in personal computers (PC) and associated software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS
Outlook, database software).
- Highly proficient in Desktop Publishing applications including Adobe Creative Cloud
InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Drupal and PerfectMind is an asset.
- Knowledgeable of current graphic design and marketing trends.
- Dealing with confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!