MARKETING DIRECTOR AT LUXURY RETAILER (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
WHO WE ARE…
Elte, Ginger’s & Elte MKT are 3 premium luxury home furnishing destinations in Toronto. We provide our clients with a complete home décor experience by offering fine products from around the world that are well made and beautiful to look at. Our showrooms house a large and diverse selection of furniture, bedding, lighting, accessories, rugs and broadloom as well as decorative plumbing, hardware and boutique items. Elte’s family tradition began over 95 years ago and we continue into our fourth generation with the same excitement and passion for our clients and products.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
We are looking to add a Marketing Director to our team. This position is responsible for leading the development of our retail marketing strategy and influencing innovation, thought leadership across our core marketing initiatives and managing a group of content marketing and customer service staff. The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced leader, with deep experience in a strategy function, working with a luxury brand and with retail marketing. The Marketing Director will also liaise with peers across other verticals to ensure alignment with the company's overall strategy and goals. You are dynamic, data-informed, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our customers. You have an immediate connection to Elte's heritage, brand and embody the company’s ethos of striving for success.
WHAT YOU DO (among other things):
- Prepare marketing and branding strategies alongside other company executives and staff.
- Manage a team of 7 marketing and content professionals
- Oversee creation and delivery of all marketing materials (print, digital, website, signage) for all three of our brands: Elte, Elte MKT and Ginger’s
- Plan and execute store events and promotions in partnership with store operations
- Help communicate the Elte story both internally and externally through multiple media channels including PR, social media and content development
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with internal teams to maintain company website and optimize user experience
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Develop new and creative growth strategies
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Prepare and adhere to marketing budgets.
- Develop success metrics and share results with the communication team, stakeholders and leaders
- University degree in Business/Marketing
- A Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience
- Strong understanding of marketing fundamentals and response-driven creative development
- Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas, understand brand strategies and business solutions
- Experience in branding, retail marketing, luxury brand management, digital marketing, PR, budget development and strategic planning
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to drive results and superior execution
- Good communication and interpersonal skills working with many levels within the organization.
- Creative thinker, with excellent communication, and team leadership skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with an aptitude for financial analysis (P&L & pricing), the ability to gather, interpret and apply industry insights and trends.
- Solid understanding of ROI analysis, metrics and program/budget forecasting
- Thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape and ability to translate findings to positively impact business
- Working knowledge of industry technology and trends
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU…
- Excellent income potential
- Amazing Hours & Work/Life Balance
- Comprehensive group benefits
- Beautiful Work Environment
If you are interested in this career opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply directly to our careers page at
ELTE thanks all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Elte Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.