Are you looking for a fast-paced, creative and challenging work environment in a leading edge media company? Is working with energetic, passionate people right up your alley? If so, Metroland Media Group is looking for you!
Flyerland (www.flyerland.ca) is a division of Metroland Media Group (www.metroland.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Torstar Corporation (www.torstar.ca). With nearly 2 million unique visitors monthly and offers from over 80 percent of Canadian retailers and thousands of local businesses, Flyerland.ca is Canada’s leading online resource for flyers, coupons and deals.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will play a key role on the Management Team and assume overall accountability for developing and carrying out the strategic marketing vision. Utilizing a combination of brand development, direct marketing, relationship marketing, search marketing, integrated media planning, publicity and social media, you will lead the planning, budgeting and execution of marketing programs nationally.
Building on a foundation of key performance indicators and ROI metrics, you will lead a team of subject matter experts to deliver results that Flyerland’s go-to-market strategy while meeting objectives of growth, revenue, profit, brand awareness and customer loyalty.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and communication of the marketing plan
- Collaborate with Sales to build marketing-related revenue streams and deliver optimal value to advertisers
- Build, deploy and manage national brand awareness and engagement strategies
- Develop the strategy of a best in class analytics process to ensure all digital initiatives are set against measurable objectives and there is recourse to ensure changes can be made to meet expectations. This will include website analytics and email metrics, market research, test results, and competitive intelligence.
- Develop & maintain strategic alliances / partnerships
- Define and execute a social media strategy, inclusive of a blog, Facebook, Twitter and customer community
- Develop and drive investments in key marketing activities including brand building, search, email, affiliate marketing, lead generation, and community/customer engagement programs.
- Actively leverage all internal promotional assets and synergies within the Torstar Corporation and develop external partnerships to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing investments.
- Develop affiliate and strategic marketing partnerships with outside agencies, providing direction during the development of marketing materials
- Perform ongoing research within the industry to stay current regarding industry activities and trends
- Manage, motivate, coach and develop the marketing team.
- Based on market research, work with Sales and Operations management to prepare sales forecasts and develop marketing programs to support the revenue goals
- Prepare reports to senior management on the status of the marketing programs and initiatives and the financial returns for all programs
- 10+ years in a marketing management and strategic planning role supporting a consumer facing organization (proven success in driving digital strategic thinking, marketing and business growth)
- Post secondary degree in Marketing or a related discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience working for an online property which is transaction-based and dependent on consumer conversion is an asset
- Up to date on all the latest viral and social marketing techniques including social referrals, group buying and email marketing
- At least 7 years digital marketing experience (responsibility for email, affiliate marketing, search, website analytics, lead generation, social media, mobile).
- Proven ability to build consumer brand loyalty
- Experience in working with budgets and hitting financial targets
- Experience in understanding market research and business analytics; integrating with market and product knowledge, to develop marketing strategies and plans for the target audience.
- Proven record for developing successful strategic partnerships and affiliate programs.
- Results driven and focused on delivering against objectives.
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels of the organization. A good listener, collaborator, and influencer. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proactive, well organized self starter with strong project management skills
- Experience working in or with advertising agencies
STUFF THAT’S NOT ON A RESUME:
- Business savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Media experience an asset but not required
- Enthusiastic with a passion for excellence
- Professional, honest, hard working yet light hearted
- Experience interacting with the media
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to be part of a company at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- The opportunity to work with other talented and awesome people!