Marketing Data Analyst – Competition Number 17-72R
Do you get excited about executing marketing campaigns and immersing yourself in the metrics to determine why a campaign succeeded or failed? Great! We are looking to fill a marketing analyst role in the Marketing Services Department at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU).
The Marketing Data Analyst will apply quantitative and qualitative techniques to interpret data, identify trends, and produce actionable insights and recommendations for marketing. You will be responsible for analyzing a large variety of client and marketing data, as well as conducting marketing campaign analysis and formulating reports. You will also be responsible for the collection, tracking, analysis, reporting, and communication of data related to KPU’s performance and all media, driving cross device traffic to our website, campaign landing pages, and application page. Implementing, measuring, and reporting on multiple sources of information to build a unified view of our client journey across multiple touch-points of engagement is what KPU is hoping to achieve with you on our team.
You have strong organizational, writing and communications skills. You have experience extracting and transforming marketing and customer relationship management from a range of data sources. And your entrepreneurial mindset and roll up your sleeves work ethic makes you passionate about driving results and showcasing ROI whenever possible.
We require the following skillset:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Statistics or related subjects
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role or a combination of education and experience
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and passion with high expectations for quality
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives
- Expert computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proven experience using Google; Analytics, Adwords and Webmaster tools
- Proven experience with a CRM system and working with a team to optimize communications and engagement
- Proven experience with social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc) reporting tools
- Experience applying statistical techniques for data mining and forecasting purposes.
- Strong background and experience with student information systems (BANNER) is an asset
- Able to anticipate needs and requirements of the marketing and recruitment departments
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of many computer programs and programming languages
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.