CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: October 11, 2011
Job Title: Marketing Copywriter
Term: Full time, permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
This position produces compelling, effective and brand-consistent copy in support of CNIB's direct response program and general marketing, communications and fundraising portfolio.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Conceptualizes and writes clear, persuasive and original copy for direct response vehicles and a wide range of print and online projects, including advertisements, public service announcements, newsletters, fundraising collateral, display and promotional materials, brochures, website, reports, etc.
- Provides writing and editing support to regional communications staff and other CNIB departments on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure all marketing materials reflect CNIB's brand voice and related standards.
- Keeps abreast of all new media, marketing and communications industry trends.
- Provides team support in specific administrative functions as required/assigned. This may include aspects of print production, including scheduling, copy checking and proof approvals.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
- University graduate in marketing, advertising or communications or an equivalent combination of related education, training and expertise.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience as a professional copywriter in an agency or corporate environment.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in writing direct mail copy.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- A collaborative work style, with experience working closely with brand managers, graphic designers and translators.
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations is an asset.
- Ability to speak French is an asset.