CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting opportunity in the Recreation and Culture Department for an
experienced and motivated individual
(contract - approx 12 months)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. A City considered one of Canada’s most family-friendly, Vaughan has a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Assessing current and future marketing direction within the Recreation and Culture Department including partnering with the department’s Senior Management Team and field operations. Developing and monitoring of short and long term marketing plans, policies/procedures, benchmarks, goals and objectives for the department. Managing market research studies, identifying trends and assessing core business markets. Providing centralized marketing direction including managing the production and distribution of publications/literature. Providing input into the departmental budget process, developing revenue generating and cost containment strategies. Working with associated staff to prepare prices for advertising rates and services. Overseeing the marketing and graphic arts staff and making recommendations with respect to the annual associated budget. Providing input on customer service initiatives provides a marketing approach to departmental operating units.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or suitable equivalent
- Minimum of five years related experience in the development and analysis of marketing plans, strategic planning, project management, the operation of related business units or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of municipal government, sports and recreation business an asset
- Experience in writing/editing copy for print materials (posters, advertisements, program descriptions), preparing media releases (media advisories, news releases, public service announcements) for distribution; and, researching and developing articles and/or messages/quotes for promotional materials and communication pieces
- Experience in customer analysis, revenue generation, budget preparation and utilization of research instruments and marketing models
- Knowledge and understanding of market analytical tools and experience in carrying out primary research and data collection
- Effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership and team building skills, excellent organizational, problem solving, multi-tasking and coaching skills are essential
- Excellent computer skills including in-depth knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing, presentations