RioCan is Canada's largest real estate investment trust with a total capitalization of approximately $12.5 billion as at December 31, 2011. It owns and manages Canada's largest portfolio of shopping centres with ownership interests in a portfolio of 331 retail properties containing an aggregate of 79 million square feet, including 45 grocery anchored and new format retail centres containing 12 million square feet in the United States through various joint venture arrangements. RioCan's portfolio also includes 10 properties under development in Canada. For further information, please refer to RioCan's website at www.riocan.com.
Reporting to the Property Manager, you will be responsible for initiating, developing, and implementing marketing programs and events to promote the shopping centre.
- Develop and implement marketing programs and events.
- Prepare annual marketing plan and budget.
- Track progress and evaluate results of programs.
- Liaise with shopping centre staff, tenants, customers, suppliers and media.
- Assist in designing, writing content and creating promotional materials.
- Negotiate media contracts and purchase media placement.
- Maintain and update property website.
- Specialty leasing in common areas of centre to temporary tenants and non-profit organizations; all administration, documentation & reporting for same.
- Invoice and collection of marketing accounts.
- Perform accounting duties for marketing programs; payables, receivables, income statements, budget reconciliations.
- Supervise customer service staff.
- Manage customer appreciation points program.
- Co-ordinate annual tenant meeting and holiday appreciation luncheon.
- Assist Property Manager as required.
- Minimum two years experience in a marketing role.
- Experience in accounting and budgeting processes.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Webpage Management).
- Graphic design or knowledge of Adobe photocopy would be an asset.