Job ID: 2015-1174
# Positions: 1
Job Industry: Publishing, Printing and Newspaper
Career Level: Entry Level
Years of Experience: 2
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator, MIRA & Spice Books
Department: Retail Marketing
Reports to: Product Manager, Single Titles
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely execution of print and digital initiatives to support the marketing strategies and priorities of the HQN Romance Fiction Team.
Marketing Administration 50%
- Administration of in-book materials including Back Page Ads and Digital Book Information.
- Manage creation, circulation and submission of Advance Cover Backups for the HQN team.
- Create copy for and coordination of monthly sales catalogue for HQN single title team.
- Manage back page ad creation.
- Act as facilitator with production and editorial and legal department.
- Track sample and production cover schedules and coordination of Vision Team Meetings and cover post mortems.
- Act as inter-department liaison with art, production, editorial and PR.
- Ensure accurate information is maintained on SharePoint, TITAN and Edelweiss for assigned authors/titles.
- Prepare/issue Marketing Bulletins as required.
- Continuously research and monitor various digital opportunities and trends in the marketplace.
- Assists in the creation and execution of HQN marketing plans.
- Contribute creative and analytical ideas to the HQN author planning process.
Media Coordination 20%
- Negotiate ad rates and production of sales collateral
- Create, maintain and distribute various trade advertising schedules.
- Writing creative copy including advertising and sales collateral.
- Post secondary education in marketing or publishing program an asset
- 1 -2 years similar experience in a consumer driven marketing environment is an asset.
- Interest or knowledge of/experience in book publishing.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to manage many projects at once.
- Exceptional problem-solving/decision making skills and the ability to manage execution.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and consumers.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Strong computer skills.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.