Thompson Educational Publishing (TEP) is family owned and operated with over 25 years experience in the Canadian publishing industry. We create high quality educational resources for the K-12 and Higher Education markets, specializing in Health & Physical Education (H&PE), Social Science and Adult Education.
The Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Marketing Director, who is responsible for growing TEP as the leader in educational publishing in Canada. This is an 8-12 month contract position for an energetic, extremely organized, creative, analytical, self-motivated individual with 1-3 years marketing experience.
This position offers the opportunity to help build innovative national marketing programs, work with cutting-edge educators and leading experts in a variety of subject areas, and contribute to improving the way H&PE is perceived and taught in schools and communities across Canada.
Being a small company means you’ll have a better understanding of your role, so you’ll get more out of it. You’ll gain a better understanding of the business as a whole and will likely inherit varied responsibilities, even across different departments, which will allow you to develop a broad range of transferable skills.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing Director to:
- Assist with all email newsletter campaigns
- Design marketing collateral, such as promotional flyers
- Run and manage our monthly webinar series
- Research, write/edit and create content
- Analyze site traffic and suggest opportunities
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Assist with analytics reporting including Google Analytics
- Manage our online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness
- Participate in strategy and marketing brainstorming sessions
- 1-3 years of marketing experience
- Excellent communication and English language skills (both oral and written)
- Superior writing skills (content creation for email, social, website, blogs, marketing materials, etc.)
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience with email marketing
- Experience coordinating content and campaigns using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, PR, or related field
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the team/business
Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva with graphic design experience
- Publishing industry knowledge
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Comfortable with social media management platforms, such as Buffer
- Familiar with CRM products, such as Zoho CRM