Marketing Coordinator & Proposal Writer full-time
CWAEngineersInc. (CWA) is anindustryleadingconsultingengineeringfirmproviding professional servicestoclients in Canada and internationally. Our head office is currently located in Metrotown Burnaby with a branch office in Miami, Florida, USA. Our business is growing and we will be moving our head office in November, 2011 into the Broadway Tech Center, a modern and conveniently located facility located on Broadway and Renfrew Street in Vancouver, adjacent to the Renfrew Sky train station.
CWAspecializesinand services adiverserangeof industriesincluding:Miningand Minerals;PortsandMarineTerminals;ConstructionMaterials;SolidWood, PulpandPaper;Oil andGas; Municipal InfrastructureandUtilities.
Duetoourexpandingclientbaseand growingprojectneeds,CWA isseekinga qualified Marketing Coordinator & Proposal Writer to join our dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with Corporate Executive and Proposal Managers, the Marketing Coordinator/Proposal Writer will coordinate, write, edit, and produce Statements of Qualification, Proposals, Power Point Presentations, and other marketing materials in English. The selected candidate will actively participate in the company’s proposal and business development activities.
The following is an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Organizing and coordinating proposals and marketing submittals to private and public sectors.
- Collaborating with management, technical personnel, and other administrative personnel to support these marketing activities.
- Writing and editing company profile, experience and background, CVs/resumes, project descriptions, methodology, approach and execution strateg/plans, project data sheets, and standard terms of engagement
- Developing and implementing submittal strategies with comprehensive submittal preparation plans, “driving” marketing and technical resources to produce winning submittals and presentations.
- Under the direction of Corporate Executives, liaise with company legal counsel and insurance underwriter/advisor to prepare, edit, and produce precise Contract Agreements with clients, sub-consultants, and affiliate companies.
- Assist with advertising for marketing
- Other PR activities, including writing press releases, internal announcements, and developing & writing submissions to engineering award competitions.
- Organize external meetings and/or marketing events including conferences, tradeshows and professional associations (APEGBC, CCBC etc); Arrange for distribution of information to the event along with any gifts/donations/ handouts for the events.
- Collection and input of marketing and sales data into an in-house cost tracking system? Deltek on a regular basis.
- Updating and maintaining website.
- Ad hoc duties as needed.
- Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, or marketing an asset.
- Minimum 2 years professional communications or marketing experience with demonstrated fluency in word processing, layout, and presentation software in the Windows environment – specifically, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to write fluent well structured English text and edit technical material.
- Website experiences a plus.
- Be able to work with minimal direction and meeting tight deadlines.
- Position may require necessitating overtime on work days and weekends, as well as some travel.
- Personal Qualities:
- Client service and Public relations orientated.
- Well?organized & self?disciplined.
- Persistent & assertive, but not abrasive.
- Excellent writing abilities.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Graphic design sensitivity & taste.
- Able to work under pressure in an environment of constantly changing deadlines & priorities.