Imagine delivering the right message to the right consumer in the right place at the right time. Mercatus Technologies makes this possible. Mercatus enables retailers and advertisers to achieve competitive advantage, boost brand equity, and improve financial performance. By leveraging Mercatus’ smart shopping technology on a cross-channel marketing level, our clients achieve the ultimate one-to-one relationship with shoppers throughout their buying cycle—from intent to influence to purchase.
Our innovative applications and solid reputation are translating into continued growth that is creating exciting opportunities for entrepreneurial spirited talent to join our team. If you’re a passionate and self-motivated individual with a track record of success then you may have the basic ingredients it takes to join the Mercatus team. Read on to see if this position could be the right next step in your career.
We’re looking for a creative, well-organized and energetic professional with a combination of skills, interests and experience in marketing communication and design to join our small but mighty Design & Marketing team to work on a variety of marketing, sales
support and design initiatives.
Reporting to the Creative Director, as a member of the Sales and Marketing department in this newly created position the Marketing Coordinator/Designer will be responsible for providing internal and external communications and marketing support in response to various department requests. This position will give the chosen individual the chance to demonstrate a strong creative sense, great attention to detail and the ability to apply their skills in a multi-faceted role.
The Marketing Coordinator/Designer will play a key support role in the work this team does for different departments within the company to provide content and creative ideas for marketing and sales campaigns and collateral material both in print and online for everything for trade show materials and event management to website maintenance and maybe even some interaction design
for our product.
- Maintain and update sales and marketing documentation, sales tools and presentations
- Assist with input and maintenance of prospect information generated by marketing activities
- Coordinate organization required for our participation in conferences and trade shows
- General marketing administration tasks including coordination of print jobs and business cards
- Provide and maintain content for our:
- Corporate website
- Social media streams (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Collaborate with design team and contribute to writing, editing and
- PowerPoint presentations
- Corporate Folders / Divisional Brochures / Capability Booklets
- Electronic / Digital Brochures
- Corporate Logos / Branding / Messaging
- Online/offline direct marketing campaigns
- Case studies and press releases
- Documentation templates
- Internal newsletter
University degree in Marketing or Communications complimented by formal training in graphic design
1-3 years of experience in marketing, communications or design role that includes demonstrated excellence in writing and editing (CP Style) and application of creative design principles
Exceptional communication, organization and time management skill
Attention to detail and ability to ensure accuracy
Initiative and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a fast-paced team environment
Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a definite asset
HTML, CSS or other web-based design tools
Knowledge of retail marketing trends
Knowledge of versioning