Copywriter & Social Media Manager
Do you tweet and use Facebook every day? Is building social community so ingrained you just can’t stop? Do you take pride in customer service excellence? Do you understand social media and why feeds are important? We are seeking a highly a motivated individual with experience and passion for blogging, microblogging, community participation leadership and writing. This position is a full-time contract position. The successful candidate will join our internal marketing team working with all areas, including design, PR/writing, multimedia and strategy development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism, advertising, marketing, or communications
- Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to crank editorial and technical writing output
- Has work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Dedicated to blogging and use of Facebook and understands the power of social media marketing
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Demonstrated ability to map out a social media marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
- Understands social media universe including YouTube, StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, forums,Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc…We’re looking for a social media addict who maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise from among these channels
- Possesses functional knowledge or some experience with HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of search engine optimization-think including basic keyword research.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Is eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast-paced environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with our customers to align their needs, with our corporate objectives
- Be the eyes and ears of our brand and our clients’ brands as if your own reputation depended on it
- Build and maintain our content distribution network by way of social media channels
- Minute by minute participation in conversations that surround our content and brand, answer comments, be a mediator
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, report to appropriate parties.
- Create content for feeds and snippets in various social media sites
- Conduct keyword research including cataloging and indexing target keyword phrases
- Optimizing tags, on our feeds, sharing sites like YouTube/Flickr and search engines through copywriting, creative & keyword optimization & buzz pocket mining
- Create and update daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns
Base (depending on experience) 35-40k/year + bonuses as our company grows.
This position is based out of our awesome downtown Toronto office right in the hub of city at Yonge & Dundas Square. Candidate must be within commuting distance of downtown Toronto.