Are you passionate about marketing? OECM in Toronto is looking for a Marketing Content Specialist for a one year contract with possible extension of up to one year. If you are self-motivated, results-driven and innovative, this might be your next opportunity!
The Marketing Content Specialist has an in-depth understanding of the link between the customer value proposition and achieving aggressive business growth targets. Working closely with the Web Specialist, you are OECM’s “go-to” expert in developing and implementing marketing campaigns and creating all content for launching new products and services, newsletters, annual reports and other initiatives.
You Are the “Go-To” Marketing Expert
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing and Communications and working closely with the Web Specialist and subject matter experts in the business, you will create campaigns with the relevant content for the appropriate channels to help them be successful in achieving their ambitious business growth goals.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team and make things happen? Read more about what you will be doing to see if you have what it takes:
Build Superb Relationships with Your Colleagues
- Build and foster superb relationships with OECM’s Supply Management team (subject matter experts) to understand their business needs/requirements in achieving their business targets and translating those needs into compelling campaigns with engaging content to help demonstrate how OECM creates and delivers value for our customers.
Develop Marketing Content, Writing and Editing
- Develop, write, and edit compelling content, messages, copywriting for digital and traditional media, e.g., website, online communications, newsletters, presentations, annual report, blog posts, corporate and B2B communications, flyers, brochures, customer testimonials, etc.
- Develop integrated content strategy (planning, development and management) for marketing campaigns, products and service launches and distribute content through appropriate channels
- Develop and update content marketing templates and checklists to maintain message and format consistencies.
Publish, Update and Edit Web Content
- Publish, update, edit web content using CMS system (Experience in Drupal preferred)
- Create and distribute communications via MailChimp platform
- Understand web-content lay out principles, find and edit images that support messaging and manage image database
- Work closely with web specialist to ensure content development and distribution through various channels
- Provide basic website troubleshooting, e.g., resetting password, registering new customers
- Update contact information, manage contact lists
- Understand web analytics /data and be able to apply while developing content (SEO principles)
Coordinate and Manage Projects
- Coordinate the ongoing calendar of all Marketing Communication activities, building and presenting updates and checkpoint reporting against initiatives and timelines
- Manage multiple moving parts to ensure the smooth and timely execution of projects, e.g., products and services launches, marketing campaigns, etc.,
- Build and coordinate relationships with “third party” service providers
Have You Got What it takes?
- A Degree/Certificate in Communications, Digital Marketing, Journalism or related discipline
- About 4 (four) years of related experience
- Superb marketing content development, copywriting for digital and traditional media, ideally in a public sector setting
- Coordinating marketing campaigns, communications initiatives from planning to execution
- Solid knowledge of communication principles, web analytics and critical thinking
- Solid understanding of information architecture principles (data organizing, structuring, categorization) within web environment
- Project management/coordination skills in order to handle several projects at the same time, prioritize and adapt to fast-paced environment
- Experience in Vendor Relationship Management
- Extreme attention to details regarding grammatical correctness and writing accuracy
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Drupal CMS, Microsoft suite
- Self- learner with strong work ethic
- Effective communications and presentation skills and strong ability to both generate and understand reporting metrics as they apply to marketing to help meet operational objectives
- Strong relationship-building, communications combined with a flair for presenting
We thank you for your interest in this role. Only those selected for telephone screening or an interview will be contacted. Those selected for an interview will be required to submit a portfolio of their work demonstrating writing skills and experience in creating web content, copywriting, communication materials, articles, flyers, etc.
OECM is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.