As Canada's sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 741,000 residents and more than 54,000 businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area,
Mississauga is "Leading Today for Tomorrow" by focusing on delivering services, implementing its Strategic Plan, delivering value for money and maintaining infrastructure
CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
MARKETING CONSULTANT, CITY BRANDING
(CONTRACT UP TO 18 MONTHS)
Post secondary degree or diploma in marketing, business (with a marketing/branding specialization) or communications, and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience within a marketing, branding or communications position. Proven experience in all aspects of brand marketing including the development and implementation of strategic marketing campaigns, brand activations and promotional initiatives. Proven experience in leading audience research and coordinating analysis and interpretation of audience data. Demonstrated experience in researching and writing marketing communication materials for varied audiences. Proven experience in the effective use, and integration of social media and other digital channels and new technology within marketing strategies. Demonstrated project management experience and organizational and analytical skills. Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Experience in supporting the effective planning and coordination of special events as part of a marketing strategy. A proven track record with demonstrating good judgement and political acuity. Ability to effectively handle concurrently running projects and to work creatively and strategically under deadlines. A working knowledge and/or strong understanding of the municipal government process including issues and legislation is an asset. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Desktop and Internet Publishing Software.
Reporting to the Project Manager, City Branding and as part of the Communications Division the successful candidate will support the implementation of the City’s new brand both internally and externally. This will include completing market research and executing a wide-variety of corporate-wide projects and initiatives. Specifically, this will include leading and managing the City’s Staff Brand Ambassador Program and the Experience Mississauga Program. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing city-wide research-based strategic marketing strategies, including brand activations and social media campaigns.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate and report on the success and outcomes for assigned projects, strategies and plans;
- Develop a wide variety of marketing communication materials, including advertising copy, website copy, newsletters, brochures, articles as well as social media content, such as posts, blogs and tweets;
- Apply technical knowledge, in partnership with Creative Services, to ensure printed and electronic brand marketing materials are effective in terms of content, creativity and overall positioning;
- Support the conceptualization, coordination and evaluation of brand activations and promotion events;
- Provide expert consultation and support to the City’s market research and audience understanding initiatives by coordinating primary research and data analysis;
- Coordinate audience segmentation and analysis through secondary research sources such as census or customer service data;
- Support the innovative use of online and new media technologies for clients and corporate projects;
- Research and prepare a wide variety of reports, correspondence, speeches and other literature;
- Coordinate and support effective collaboration and the development of partnerships that support corporate marketing initiatives;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SALARY $64,314 - $85,759
All applications are being accepted on-line exclusively on or before July 4, 2014
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.