Discover a better place to grow your career; a place that's caring, engaging and rewarding. We're proud of our diverse culture of trust and respect. It's a culture guided by solid leadership and collaboration from every member of our organization. With so many opportunities to choose from, you'll see why The Co-operators is the better place for you.
The Co-operators is looking for a Marketing Consultant in Guelph, Ontario. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Consultant is responsible for providing leadership to cross-functional marketing teams in the development of direct marketing programs. This role oversees end-to-end development of marketing support materials and programs, directs creative and copy development and works to ensure production and distribution functions are seamless for programs. He/she is responsible for creating and executing specific sales communication programs to support the identified marketing plans as needed. This position is also involved in providing leadership from marketing with clients on product development including recommendations on market needs/wants and recommendations on how to launch the product to market.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop, and coordinate marketing programs from initial concept through to final analysis of campaign results.
- Co-ordinate marketing elements of the new product development process. This may include the formulation and co-ordination of marketing research, analysis of data, making recommendations for new product ideas, determining and executing market launch strategies.
- Act as a consultant to product lines and field management. Identify and develop marketing programs designed to help partners meet their business objectives.
- Identify potential cross-selling and prospecting opportunities to exploit through marketing programs
- Work with external partners to develop unique incentives to support the development of business
- Work with Marketing team members to gather, quantify, and analyze financial results of marketing programs where necessary.
- Monitor industry publications and web sites for news items that are suitable for circulation through The Source.
- Participate in the development of newsletters.
- Provide marketing support to other business units within Co-operators General, Co-operators Life and CUMIS as required. This may include developing marketing programs and/or assisting with the development of new products.
- Participate in Strategic Planning activities with business partners
- A university degree, with either a major or course concentration in business administration or marketing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing principles and practices, with a focus on Direct and/or Database Marketing. An ability to demonstrate where this where this knowledge has been applied through prior business experience.
- A solid track record developing, coordinating, and leading projects that crosses several functional business units.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Skilled in project management, planning, organizing and consensus building. Negotiating and budgeting skills required.
- A good working knowledge of property, casualty, life insurance and financial services products
- Chartered Insurance Professional designation and/or life license an asset.
- A full time position with one the 50 Best Employers In Canada
- Opportunityfor career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program ranked in the Top 30 in Canada, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunityto give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please submit your cover letter and resume by December 9, 2011.