Professional Growth – Limitless Opportunity – Excellent Work Life Balance
Why get a job when you can build a career? At Rand Group, we don’t believe in limiting potential. We provide the opportunities you need to grow professionally and set your own pace. Tenure doesn’t dictate advancement – ability and motivation do. Put professional success in your own hands, and enjoy the freedom to drive your career goals. Work for a company that is dedicated to their staff and the community around them, and experience fulfillment in a dynamic work environment.
Marketing Communications Specialist
We continue to experience unprecedented growth and that leaves incredible opportunity for you on our Marketing Services team in our Vancouver, BC office.
Who You Are:
A bright, energetic marketing communications professional who is ready to take on an important and evolving role in our firm. With a keen interest in search engine optimization, content and online marketing, press release production, brand positioning, event marketing and campaign development, you will use your creative streak to contribute positively to our business goals.
The Marketing Communications position offers the opportunity to take your marketing and communications skills and apply them to a fast paced and ever changing industry. Working both in-house and with our clients allows you to exercise your creative skills while putting your writing expertise into practice in a variety of ways. The marketing team participates in initiatives across departments, and with clients, which means no two days are the same.
This position is available in our Vancouver, BC office and will require intermittent travel to the head office in Houston, TX. The entire marketing department is located in our Vancouver office and serves both our main company, as well as our clients in terms of online and offline marketing, web development, UI/UX and SharePoint.
Duties will include but are never limited to:
- Developing marketing campaigns, white papers, marketing positioning and blog posts
- Creating website content including targeted campaigns, landing pages and complete website copy
- Copywriting for direct mail pieces, email marketing and multi-touch campaigns
- Participating in the creative process in relation to marketing campaigns and other activities
- Preparing and editing proposals and other communications as required by all departments
- Developing and managing press release creation and distribution
- Participating in companywide social media efforts
- Helping to build and define brand and/or product positioning
- Contributing to event planning and marketing
- Additional ad hoc writing and marketing work as required
- 3+ years’ work-experience in a marketing and communications role
- A bachelor’s degree or a certificate in marketing, business, communications, political science, journalism or other related fields
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and the ability to think outside the box when it comes to B2B marketing
- A sense of urgency and the ability to effectively prioritize changing tasks and work with minimal project supervision
- The ability to self-manage timelines and workload
- Positive, driven and fun attitude
Who We Are:
Rand Group is a team of consummate professionals with the experience and know-how to tackle the most challenging technical problems. As a professional services firm, Rand Group serves the oil and gas, manufacturing, distribution, and construction segments within the state of Texas and the South Central United States. Combining the business acumen of former practicing certified public accountants and industry specialists with the technology expertise of software developers and process improvement specialists, Rand Group drives real business results utilizing technology.