You’re just as passionate about writing as you are about marketing. You know how to capture your audience’s attention, and how to grow that interest far and wide. You don’t just find a creative angle — you make one. We’re a fast-paced, creative online business seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist to create unique, industry-leading content that will help grow our online audience, build brand awareness, and provide our community with content that matters to them.
Based out of Liberty Village in Toronto, we are focused on developing online products that improve the lives of creative professionals. Our flagship product, Format.com, makes it easy to build a professional portfolio website. Tens of thousands of creative professionals across all countries worldwide use our platform to beautifully showcase their work online, attract clients, and grow their careers.
As an integral part of Format’s core marketing team, the Marketing Communications Specialist will touch upon every aspect of professional communications, with a strong focus on email marketing and social media. Reporting to Format’s VP of Brand Marketing, you will be responsible for creating and sustaining market demand for Format and increasing lead generation and brand awareness.
If you love writing marketing and promotional content for a variety of mediums, have great experience working in email marketing (ideally for e-commerce projects), and thrive on juggling many balls in the air at one time, then keep reading!
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or a related field
- You have 3+ years of experience in email marketing and copywriting for commercial marketing and sales
- You have proven experience with email or content management software (e.g. MailChimp). Bonus points for HTML experience.
- You have experience managing lead generation, nurturing and trigger email marketing campaigns
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- You can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage projects independently
- You have strong project management skills with a meticulous attention to detail
What you'll be responsible for at Format:
- Overseeing the success and integrity of Format’s brand by managing and enforcing brand guidelines and language consistency/accuracy for public and customer-facing communications
- Overseeing our marketing communication efforts, including automation, email lead nurturing, website and marketing project content, and social media
- Managing email and in-app communication campaigns from start to finish, including planning, testing, evaluating, and reporting
- Planning, creating, and implementing compelling written content across all of Format’s communications projects - online, collateral, product launches, advertising and promotions
- Creating, coordinating, and publishing social media content appropriate for our audiences and networks
- Working closely with the marketing team to develop targeted, optimized, actionable emails and multi-step, data-driven campaigns
- Monitoring the marketplace for industry trends, competitive activity, and consumer insights
- Tracking program results, measuring program success, and reporting metrics (conversion rates, ROI, etc.). Preparing marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing lead, opportunity, and sales conversion data by campaign.
Why join Format?
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io..res/format
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- Some of our in-office perks include: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.