Position Available: Marketing and Communications Manager, Creative & Communications
Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. Through socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line, not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children, our best friend and charity partner who was recently named a Top Employer for Young People and the other half is reinvested to grow Me to We.
Me to We seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager with team leadership experience, able to work in the Creative and Communications department of a top international charity. This position will involve developing and overseeing a marketing and communications strategy for the organization, managing and delegating projects and tasks, working closely with the Director and Associate Director of Creative and Communications, as well as the Writing and Design Managers within the department.
This position will also liaise heavily with other departments within the organizations. The ideal candidate will have proven project and team management skills, impeccable communication skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and a strong commitment making a difference. Potential projects will target a variety of audiences and may include web content, marketing materials (including pamphlets, brochures, posters, etc), educator and youth resource guides, books, newspaper and magazine articles, and more.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the multi-pronged, annual marketing and communications plan for Me to We
- Project manage the creation and upkeep of Me to We materials and resources (including educational resources and translation). This portfolio will include a focus on the organization.s most visible resources with the highest returns (including annual campaigns and more)
- Oversee production and quality of materials produced by staff of writers and designers (including but not limited to resource guides and curriculum for educators and youth, campaigns, brochures, web pages, toolkits, resources on development and child rights issues, etc.)
- Manage and support a creative team in driving the concept, writing and design of print pieces, freethechildren.com and weday.com websites, campaigns, and other key communication pieces
- Delegate and manage departmental projects
- Ensure all written materials are consistent with brand and communications goals
- Assist in setting internal processes and ensure they are followed
- Act as main liaison between the Creative and Communications department and other departments (i.e.: similar to an .account manager role.)
- Provide feedback and coaching for team of writers and designers on projects, as well as managing Marketing and Communications Coordinator and any co-op students who may join the team
- Assist Associate Director and Director with strategic planning and department prioritization
- Attend planning meetings with members of the content, design and communications teams and closely follow project progress
- Report to the Associate Director on project progress, department issues and other issues as required
- When needed, prepare and write content by researching product and developing the appropriate communications
- Ensure top notch customer service to internal stakeholders/departments and consistently meet project deadlines
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the project and project team, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet organizational core values
- Minimum two to five years of experience working in a leadership role as a project manager as part of a creative team (natural leaders with project management experience will be considered)
- Bachelor.s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- Retail marketing or cause marketing considered strong assets
- Strategic planning skills and strong project management.ability to set and meet project deadlines and motivate team members to do the same
- Writing and copywriting experience are assets
- Creative flair and the ability to wear multiple hats: writer, designer, marketer and project planner
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to work long hours and be a dedicated member of the Me to We.s team
- Experience managing and/or marketing to diverse audiences
- Proven experience in successfully leading and managing the work of others within a marketing department
- Must have experience managing and guiding brand integrity for both written and visual content
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Solid customer service and collaboration skills
- Reliable and able to set and meet deadlines with team
- Ability to motivate and cultivate a team environment
- Well organized, detail-oriented, flexible, ability to multitask
What makes Me to We unique
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year.s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won.t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.