Marketing Communications Manager full-time
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager who will report to our Director of Marketing and Public Relations. The candidate will possess strong writing, editing and communications skills, a passion for social media and familiarity with social networking services. You must operate on the forefront of new developments in social media, and be motivated to create a positive, user friendly and beneficial online experience.
You will leverage your own creativity to:
- Initiate new value-added ideas, solve problems and build relationships.
- Ensure alignment and integration of key communication elements, including social media, web, print and sales tools in all communication campaigns.
- Gather, assemble, edit and write content for website and print material
- Lead on-going efforts to enhance our website, ensure it is kept current (product) and fresh (company information) at all times
- Identifying emerging trends in the delivery of creative products and incorporating best practices to increase effectiveness of creative work
- Keep abreast of new social media strategies and utilize as appropriate
- Develop and implement media relations programs which include regular contact with magazine editors for editorial opportunities, co-ordinate sending of samples and tracking coverage.
- Monitor and measure the progress of communications strategies and projects
- Track and update marketing expenses and budgeting by brand, issue p.o. requests.
- Source and catalogue background information on retailers
- Co-ordinate charitable donations and corporate participation.
This position is part of a small team and as such there will be occasions when assistance will be required by other areas in order to meet overall company objectives.
Marketing and Communications Manager
- Strong background in effective copywriting and verbal communications
- Experienced directing design/creative for print materials, online/e-marketing communications
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects independently and juggle competing priorities
- Excellent people skills with an upbeat and enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude to go along with a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Proven track record developing and driving communications initiatives
- Five years of experience in marketing communications/marketing with emphasis on developing web and print copy
- Ability to draw content out of internal sources and produce clear and compelling communications in a variety of formats
- Formal presentation skills
- Consumer package goods experience is a bonus
This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will need to be uniquely equipped to both develop and execute the company’s communications needs.
McGregor Socks is a subsidiary of McGregor Industries Toronto, Canada. McGregor was founded in 1928 by the Lipson family and today is still owned and operated by 3rd generation family members. The companies’ major source of revenue is from the development and marketing of better Men’s and Women’s socks and this specialization allows the company to maintain a high level of expertise and leadership in this market. Head office/showrooms are located in Toronto, New York, London and Hong Kong. The company distributes a wide range of Licensed, National Brands and Private Label products through an extensive International sales network. Its customer base includes 25,000 points of sale within better department, specialty, discount and chain store retailers in over 40 countries.