Marketing & Communications Manager full-time
Bring your expert knowledge and extensive experience in the Marketing and Communications field to effectively lead Northern College’s efforts to create, enhance and promote the College's image, brand and market positioning regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
This position requires strong leadership skills, visionary capacity and a commitment to positive community development.
The incumbent will:
- provide leadership to the College regarding marketing and communication initiatives
- promote and manage the College to its external markets to achieve enrolment goals
- develop and maintain community partnerships, media and public relations strategies
- be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of media, advocacy, special community events and other creative marketing opportunities to advance the College’s strategic direction
- provide administrative leadership and technical direction to department staff
- work with the broader College community on developing and implementing these strategies and ensuring consistent application of corporate visual identification standards
- cultivate and maintain a working relationship with media representatives to enhance press coverage and establish the reputation of the College and the high quality of College programs and facilities.
The ideal candidate will posses a 3 year University/College degree/diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent with 7 years of progressive experience in the field.
Requirements for this position:
- interpersonal skills
- leadership skills
- presentation skills
- financial and human resource management skills
- communication skills
- problem solving and critical thinking skills
- negotiating skills
- conflict resolution skills
- organizational skills
Experience must include:
- writing and editing of marketing materials, advertising, press releases, and development of publications including liaising with production vendors (printers, designers, etc.)
- working with computer programs related to communications/design as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- co-ordinating marketing projects from concept to completion while working collaboratively with stakeholders meeting competing demands and deadlines using time management and project management
- impacting and influencing target audiences by employing creative approaches, innovation, and initiatives
“Proof of valid WHMIS/WHMIS Review card is a requirement for employment with Northern College.”
In accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Administrative Staff, should there be a qualified applicant from that staff group, he/she will be given preference. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.