Marketing Communications Manager contract
Summary of Job
The role of Senior Manager - Marketing Communications is to oversee the development and execution of multiple marketing strategies in an effort to expand and rejuvenate the TRADER Corporation various brands in the Canadian marketplace. Focus is given to driving consumer awareness, online usage and proving ROI (return on investment) of marketing strategies employed. Responsible for leading agency teams with development of creative and media plans in order to deliver results.
Key areas of responsibility
1) Developing communications strategies in order to deliver results against business goals of expanding and rejuvenating the brand. Leading and managing the development of B2C (business to consumer) communications plans for offline and online. Leading and supervising creation of all TRADER Corporation promotional activities (ad, consumer shows, billboard, radio, TV, contest, sponsorships, etc.) and execution of tactics. Supervising and managing agencies and various service providers. Developing and implementing key metrics to evaluate the success of each promotional activity. Communicating and presenting communication strategies to TRADER Corporation CEO, VP's and Directors.
- Developing Brand guidelines and Supervising the use of TRADER Corporation brands across all touch points including print magazines, online properties, internal and external communication material (from business cards to building signage).
- Managing marketing communication budget. Supervising agencies and employees to deliver all projects on time, on spec and on budget. Maximizing the impact of each communication dollar by negotiating best rates at all time.
- Responsible for internal promotion of all elements within a campaign to TRADER Corporation at large and particularly Sales in order to reach Advertisers. Responsible for internal communication of marketing communications activities.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce.
- Minimum 8 years related experience.
- Ideally previous agency or communications experience with creative development.
Required Soft Skills and Competencies
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experienced at project management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to create effective messaging for presentations.
- Strong computer skills (MS office).
- A broad knowledge of marketing disciplines.
- A creative and innovative mind generating new ideas.
- Action oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- A personable and professional attitude.
- Written & Spoken French would be an important asset