ECOSYNTHETIX engages in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of bio-based technologies to replace petroleum-based industrial products. We have recently opened our Centre of Innovation in Burlington, Ontario, which is now home to our product development and applications testing laboratories and our state-of-the-art pilot plant. We are seeking to add to our dynamic team of professionals who share a passion for developing and commercializing sustainable, bio-based chemistries and polymers.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing & Business Development, the Marketing Communications Manager will be responsible to lead and develop a marketing communications platform that includes the delivery of strategic communications, programs, and promotions plans. The manager will work with the VP of Marketing and his team along with key external agency partners to create outstanding programs and communications that will meet the needs of various customer segments. Strategic thinking, leadership and an ability to move between short and long term priorities are key elements of the position.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Working in conjunction with Marketing and Sales teams, lead the development of new sales collateral for existing and new market segments
- To improve its overall efficiency as a marketing tool, develop new content for the company website as new markets are being entered.
- Oversee agency liaisons, ensuring delivery excellence on all communications, and advertising program elements.
- Optimization of SalesForce database for use as a company collaborative tool and management of communications through SalesForce (internal management reporting email marketing campaigns directed to its target groups).
- Identify annual marketing communications plan to support delivery of Marketing strategic plan (including media plan for all channels/promotion support activity).
- Continue to build brand awareness through supporting Business-to-Business initiatives, trade programs and promotions.
- Establish metrics for measurement of communications mix effectiveness across our brands and relative to major competitors.
- In partnership with the VP of Marketing, oversee budgetary spending on marketing communications.
The ideal candidate will have at 5 to 8 years in a progressive marketing role, with some experience leading a team and a university education in marketing or communications. Additional requirements to excel in the position would be the following:
- Collaborative approach in maintaining and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients and agencies.
- Solid project management capabilities enabling the simultaneous prioritization of multiple demands.
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Capacity to proactively lead analytical and strategic thinking for the team, and yet provide direction on daily operational issues.
- Ability to focus and move between both long-term and short-term goals and priorities.
- Professionalism in representing the brand and the organization.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including document writing
- Highly proficient with computer applications (such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SalesForce)