Allanson International, based in Toronto, is a leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in sign lighting, HVAC and consumer packaged goods markets. Through its process management, manufacturing expertise, and technologies, Allanson has designed innovative electrical products since 1926. These products include: high output fluorescent ballasts, high intensity discharge ballasts, transformers, and power supplies for neon and LED signage, as well as oil heating ignition transformers for residential and industrial applications.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Marketing Communications Coordinator will assist in the implementation of innovative marketing plans and marketing communications focused on building and measuring brand through all channels. You will be responsible for coordinating print ad production through the advertising agency and press release drafting and distribution as well as managing media and customer databases.
· Work with team (Manager Allanson Retail, Vice President and Manager Allanson LED Lighting) to manage/execute a strategic annual marketing plan. Including advertising, media relations, budgeting, deadlines and related measures and targets.
· Assist in market research.
· Manage customer information for existing and potential clients using internal/external databases.
· Manage press release media lists and campaign management.
· Create marketing collateral for target audiences, aligned with brand plans and Corporate positioning. Marketing collateral encompasses, sell sheets, POP, phone messaging, press releases, and websites.
· Help Maintain marketing communication and resources (i.e. memberships, web presence, and internal/external branding, etc.)
· Liaise with sales team and internal customer care to promote appropriate marketing
communications and positioning strategies.
· Trade Show support and co ordination
· Manage Sales/Retail/Booking support programs.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all Allanson brands and channels.
· Communication champion and liaison to all departments internal and external.
· Champion product knowledge sessions and Customer Service training as well as
· Ensure quality, brand and images standards and content are consistent with overall marketing strategies and plans.
· Develop an ongoing review of functionality and navigational elements.
· Monitor web site statistical reports to measure website visitor demographics and other user information.
Sales / Marketing Customer Intelligence
· Manage lead follow-up program for all incoming leads from web, trade shows etc..
· Monitor and track incoming leads, identifying customer demographics / profiles etc..
Combine existing and new databases and customer research to provide one key database consistently measured and monitored.
- The Marketing Communications Coordinator will be expected to provide project support creating attractive documents blending desktop publishing and word processing ensuring consistency with the appropriate brands and messaging.
- This position is required to have excellent command of English language, verbal and written as they will be expected to copy write, edit/proofread for errors and consistency of format as well as draft press releases and various other marketing communications. French language skills would be an asset.
- This position requires a self-starter who displays initiative, enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently and has ability to prioritize multiple projects with long and short time frames. Marketing Communications Coordinator must also have excellent computer skills in: Power Point, Word, Excel. Familiarity with desktop publishing programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Quark Xpress / lnDesign would be an asset.