CMC Microsystems www.cmc.cabuilds partnerships among government, industry and universities to enable Microsystems discovery, applied research and technology development and to accelerate Canadian competitiveness through Microsystems.
CMC delivers products and services to support Canadian academic researchers achieve research outcomes. We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This position develops and delivers materials to promote CMC products and services using best practices and a diverse range of media formats including in-person engagements. Reporting to the Manager, Product and Services Marketing, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will focus on activities that satisfy client recruitment and retention goals, align with our vision and mission, and contribute to the achievement of research outcomes.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist in planning, implementing and measuring the effectiveness of promotional strategies and activities directed at client recruitment, client retention and increased research outcomes.
- Prepare marketing material (electronic and print); define, draft, manage and track distribution of the material
- Use behaviour analytics, e.g., clicks, conversions, web traffic patterns to assist preparation of recommendations that will help improve targeting of clients and related messaging.
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the corporate website including maintenance and control processes of the site
- Prepare for, participate in, and coordinate client site visits, exhibitions and trade shows.
- Coordinate CMC's involvement in external events that promote products and services.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with communications suppliers; liaise on key activities, coordinate workflow and follow-up; identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and procedures supporting the implementation of promotional projects and activities
The successful candidate must have:
- University degree in a related field such as business, marketing or communications
- Three to six years experience including at least 1 year of experience in a technology environment (academic, industry, or government agency)
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is a requirement, in French would be highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-based environment
- Education and/or experience demonstrating comfort with engineering or scientific subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients at a high professional standard.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency with copy preparation, editing and production for print or on-line media
- Web production and social media content management skills (experience with Adobe Photoshop or Indesign is desirable)
- Travel is an occasional requirement of this position.