Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of services within intellectual property law, business law and advocacy to help organizations achieve their business objectives. Gowlings has over 700 professionals across offices in Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region, Calgary, Vancouver, Beijing, Moscow and London, U.K.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic team player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Marketing Communications Co-ordinator.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the successful candidate will bring exceptional writing and editing skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to craft compelling brand stories for a range of audiences.
Working alongside a talented and dynamic team, the Marketing Communications Co-ordinator will directly contribute to Gowlings’ marketing communications activities across Canada and internationally, including marketing collateral development (both general and campaign-specific), digital content development, internal communications, media and public relations, advertising, social media, and more.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Write, edit and produce a range of strategic communications pieces that convey key messages, tell creative and compelling stories, align with the Gowlings brand, and resonate with target audiences (e.g., press releases, website content, advertisements, brochures/marketing collateral, internal announcements, newsletters, etc.)
- Provide marketing communications support and guidance to Marketing & BD colleagues and legal professionals across the firm, including providing advice and recommendations on key messages, strategies and tactics
- Handle day-to-day tasks, including intake of marketing communications requests, website updates, newsletter and event mailings, and professional bio updates
- Co-ordinate special projects as required
- Provide a high level of service to team members and other internal clients, both within the Marketing & Business Development Group and the broader firm
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or a related field
- At least three years of relevant experience in communications, journalism/media, public relations, advertising or a related field
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills, with strong knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Superior research and fact-checking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel); previous experience with web content management systems and email marketing platforms will be considered an asset (although not a requirement)
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, with a solutions-oriented approach to obstacles and challenges
- High level of professionalism and a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to exceed expectations and deliver high-quality work