Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of services within business law, advocacy and intellectual property law to help organizations achieve their business objectives. Gowlings has over 750 legal professionals in offices across Canada and in London, Moscow and Beijing.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Marketing Communications Assistant.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, you will play an integral role in the Marketing Communications team by handling day-to-day tasks and supporting the execution of a range of marketing communications initiatives.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support to a variety of marketing communications initiatives, including internal/external communications, web and digital marketing, and producing marketing collateral
- Handle day-to-day tasks, including intake of marketing communications requests, website updates, e-newsletter and event mailings, and professional bio updates
- Assist with writing and editing copy for various marketing communications materials
- Assist with co-ordinating the production and distribution of various marketing communications materials
- Co-ordinate special projects as required
- Provide a high level of service to team members and other internal clients, both within the Marketing & Business Development Group and the firm at large
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills; knowledge of Canadian Press style is preferred
- Experience in a professional services firm within the marketing department is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel); knowledge of Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS and/or InDesign will be considered a strong asset
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Desire to learn, gain expertise in new areas and contribute to the success of a team