Desjardins General Insurance Group (DGIG) is the general insurance arm of Desjardins Group, the leading cooperative financial group in Canada. DGIG is one of Canada's largest and most successful direct home and auto insurance providers. We have almost 4,000 employees, $4.8 billion in assets, over 2 million policies in force and $2 billion in premiums.
Named the Top Corporate Citizen in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine, selected as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers” and honoured with “Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employer” Award, Desjardins recognizes and draws upon the talent, work and skills of each one of our employees. Because of our strong growth, DGIG is currently looking for dynamic individuals to join our insurance team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, excellent training and career development opportunities and a fast paced work environment where work-life balance is a priority.
Participates in the development of marketing and communication strategies for group and white labels. Delivers related selected marketing and communication tactics. Ensures deliverables are produced on time and within budget. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure implementation of selected marketing and communication means (mass, direct marketing, web, etc) in cooperation with various internal and external parties/contributors.
- Ensure that each stage of project production runs smoothly, ensuring anticipated quality levels are reached and deadlines and budgets respected. Use tools such as briefing, calendar/timetables, etc.
- Recommend efficient and cost-effective tools to improve the processes and quality of design, implementation and production monitoring.
- Manage logistics, inventories and establishes links with the various parties and contributors involved in carrying out initiatives.
- Support marketing advisors in their assignments.
- Rigorously follow up on invoicing from suppliers that have contributed to projects.
- Control quality of deliverables.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or a related field.
- Min. 3 years related experience; or combination of education & experience will be considered.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Office tools (Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of marketing techniques, communications and advertising.
- Experience in social media and Web
- Experience in advertising agencies an asset.
- Ability to make corrections and proof text.
- French language competency an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of the English language, including strong English writing skills.
NON TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Customer Service Oriented
- Action and Results Oriented
- Attention to detail with focus on quality of work
- Ability to set work independently
- Time Management Skills
- Proven written and oral Communications skills in English
- Deal with Ambiguity
Desjardins supports diversity in the workplace and promotes an open and inclusive work environment. We value and respond to the many competing priorities in your lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Marketing Services TPIC and White Label
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: Day Job
Job Responsibility: Individual contributor
Job Field: Product Launch
Primary Location: ON-Greater Toronto Area (Southern Ontario)-Mississauga
Unposting Date: Sep 17, 2015, 8:59:00 PM