Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
As a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, Janssen Inc. is dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs in pain management, psychiatry, oncology, psoriasis, virology, anemia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dementia, gastroenterology and women's health. Driven by our commitment to the passionate pursuit of science for the benefit of patients, we work together to bring innovative ideas, products and services to patients around the world.
The position is a 12 -14 month contract opportunity.
As the Category manager, you will be responsible for managing category spend, creating value and enabling growth for, with and through the business as it relates to Indirect Spend within Johnson & Johnson, based in Toronto, Ontario.
- Provide Procurement leadership to internal stakeholders to maximize value of investment in Advertising and Marketing programs.
- Develop and implement total cost of ownership improvement strategies by leveraging Johnson & Johnson purchasing power.
- Identification and delivery of value creation through competitive sourcing activities, focusing on TCO, Performance Based Compensation Models, Supplier Enabled Innovation, Quality improvements, Demand Management and other innovative solutions.
- Lead Strategic Sourcing process by ensuring established policies and practices are adhered to in the sourcing process.
- Lead contract negotiations with external suppliers on large complex initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring that identified savings are implemented, realized and sustained.
- Collaborate with WW Category Leads in the US and Europe to optimize scale. Represent Canada at Global J&J Procurement forums
- Conduct market analytics, external market assessments.
- Participating in strategic planning, long-range plans and management reviews.
- Provide recommendations to stakeholders during the contract term to maximize value
- Collaborate with regional Finance and Marketing teams to drive Finance-Purchasing policy compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring that identified value is implemented, realized and sustained.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Indirect Procurement (Marketing Category Management preferred)
- University degree (science or business related; MBA or CPP an asset)
- Content expertise related to Marketing Services (Consumer or Pharmaceutical industry)
- Digital & Creative Agencies
- Public Relations
- TV Production
- Market Research
- Point of Purchase Displays
- Sampling, Fulfillment and Coupon Reimbursement Programs
- Strong sense of personal ownership and accountability for driving business results
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Negotiation skills and experience dealing with 3rd party marketing service providers
- Strong understanding of procurement process and best practices
- Well developed process excellence and project management skills
- Strategic Thinker, Performance driven with a strong bias for action
- Operational Experience an asset
- Able to multi task and set priorities
- Strong Client Focus, Relationship building and Change Mindset.
- Ability to quickly build trust with internal business partners is a must.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Organization: Janssen Inc. (7710)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Function: Strategic Sourcing/Logistics