About the Humanitarian Coalition
The Humanitarian Coalition (HC) is a coalition of five Canadian non-governmental agencies (CARE Canada, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam-Québec, Plan Canada and Save the Children Canada) with decades of experience in humanitarian assistance, aid and development who undertake united emergency appeals. The HC and its members have developed joint emergency appeal mechanism and capacity in Canada that seeks to provide donors with an easy way to give, educate the Canadian public, strengthen the humanitarian response sector and make a substantive contribution to reducing the suffering and affirming the rights of those affected by humanitarian crises.
To find out more, visit our website at: www.together.ca
The HC seeks a Campaign Manager, to plan, manage and launch a Canada-wide and multi-stakeholder campaign for World Refugee Day 2016 (June 20). This person will be responsible for implementing and completing a two week campaign culminating in a National Day of Action on June 20, 2016, in support of relief efforts for Syrian Refugees. The Campaign Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, Campaign Organizing Committee, NGO partners, Corporate sponsors and other staff to carry out a broad-based marketing, communications and fundraising plan targeting individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies to support this initiative.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working in partnership with the Campaign Organizing Committee, HC staff, member agencies and other partners, this position is responsible for the following:
- Finalizing and implementing the campaign plan
- Coordinating production of all campaign elements, including but not limited to:
o Campaign materials: print, TV, Radio, online, school packages;
o Website and donations platform;
o Creating event plans and volunteer coordination structures;
o Disseminating key materials to identified audiences/stakeholders on time.
- Securing and coordinating contributions of NGO partners and corporate sponsors, maximizing their engagement and collaboration. Cultivate strong positive engagements with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that campaign targets are met, managing budget against projected revenues/expenses.
- Campaign wrap up and post-mortem
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate-level education in a related field and familiarity with nonprofit institutions, as well as international development or humanitarian action;
- 7-10 years of professional experience in related area with a track record of success and with specific experience in marketing and fundraising campaigns, event planning, individual giving and/or major gifts;
- Proven success at working collaboratively across multiple organizations;
- Demonstrated people skills and experience coordinating others in a non-hierarchical environment;
- Experience in scheduling and deploying volunteer efforts;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills (mastery of French an asset);
- Experience in managing capital or fundraising campaign budgets;
- Demonstrated experience in producing campaign materials (or coordination of);
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with senior executives, partners, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects;
- Energetic, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable with a sense of humor, able to multi-task and work independently in a small, hands on work environment;
- A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others; and
- Computer fluency in MS Office, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
Depending on experience, the selected consultant will be offered a contract of up to $60,000 from January to June 2016, with the possibility of a negotiated performance bonus offered if campaign meets key targets (web traffic, total funds raised, staying on budget, etc.)
Please submit resume and cover letter no later than 6 January, 2016 to: email@example.com
** Note: Applicants must include the words “Campaign Manager” in the subject line of the application or the e-mail will be treated as junk mail and will not be opened. **