Marketing Automation Lead (Fixed Term 12 Month Contract)
As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
- To support the Marketing Technologies Manager in the creation of a marketing automation strategy
- Responsible for working with the CU’s and Marketing teams to define/clarify user requirements based on business process
- To configure, customize and activate new features within the marketing automation tool
- To ensure key stakeholders understand complete tool functionality and promotes best practices
- To lead key marketing stakeholders in a data capture, management and stewardship strategy that aligns with key CRM objectives
- To support Data Architecture Lead in creating data flows that allows Syngenta to make appropriate use of the data
- To assist the marketing team with developing metrics and tools to evaluate campaign effectiveness
- To set up and ongoing management of relevant reporting dashboards as required by sales and marketing
- To document administrative best practices and continually searches for system improvements.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
The successful candidate for this position will be efficient, proactive, personable and willing to do a wide variety of tasks.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must have the ability to analyze business processes and define user requirements
- Must be effective in providing instruction to all levels of personnel in one-on-one and group settings
- Must be very organized and able to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests
- Effectively manage tasks and priorities within specified timelines
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Salesforce Administration certification preferred.
- Advanced stakeholder management and leadership skills to successfully engage all required company resources from executive leaders to Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Understanding of Industry platform technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of how to work effectively in a matrix organization, as well as multi-cultural environment.
- 3+ years of experience developing, implementing and supporting a marketing automation tools, preferable Pardot and Exact Target
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel capabilities and related data manipulation a plus
- Agile methodology and experience a plus
- Previous SharePoint administration a plus
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Deep understanding of sales & marketing data and information systems needs.
- Industry-wide best practices knowledge, including the adherence to privacy legislation in the sales & marketing process and systems arena.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently connect business strategy and information needs with technology platform capabilities.
- Good leadership and collaborative skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Communicates with impact
- Leads change and holds ambiguity
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Focuses on customers
- Develops people, organization, and self
- Collaborates across boundaries
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.