Marketing | Toronto, Canada
Today, Zipcar provides hundreds of thousands of people with a viable alternative to traditional car ownership, saving them money, time and headaches. Around the world—from coast to coast, across Canada, the UK, and college campuses in between—people are making the decision to live car free and enjoying the convenience and environmental benefits of having “wheels when you want them”.
As we continue to grow our operations, we’re looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the family. We aim to create an environment that is supportive, diverse, and as fun as our brand. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled member experience for our community of Zipsters, we encourage you to apply.
To learn more about Zipcar, what we do, and how we do it, visit zipcar.com. For further employment opportunities, visit zipcar.com/careers
The Marketing Associate supports the Field Marketing Manager and Coordinator in the successful acquisition of new Zipcar members in the Field. We are looking for eager, curious, resourceful, detail-oriented, hard-working, intuitive, organized individuals. This individual plays a key role as the face of Zipcar to the public and is an activation specialist who will support the local market team with a focus on the acquisition of new members through a variety of channels and tactics, including: university marketing, Zipcar for Business, sponsorships, experiential events.
Marketing Associate Job Responsibilities
- Ensures successful event planning and activation. Plans and oversees all on-site event logistics; organizes resources and materials, attends events, performs setup/break down, acts as brand point of contact during events.
- Proactively educates and informs. Proactively and effectively educates the public about Zipcar in order to drive membership growth at local events. Addresses member questions to foster brand loyalty and utilization. Serves as the face of the Zipcar brand at all times.
- Assists Marketing Coordinator in managing and directing Brand Ambassadors for smooth marketing activation.
- Tracks and measures event performance. Consistently submits detailed, accurate and thoughtful reporting data through provided tools.
- Actively generates leads. Gathers sales (Z4B) and partnership leads while in the Field.
- 4-year degree in marketing or related field; <1 year relevant experience with field marketing and event planning
- Salesmanship – You can demonstrate the value propositions of Zipcar to different audiences, often in a public setting. As a plus, you have experience in leading and motivating other to do the same.
- Flexible schedule – This position will be full-time (40 hours/week) but will not work standard “9-to-5” hours. You should be available to do what is necessary to get the job done, frequently working evening and weekend hours. The Marketing Associate is a Field-based role. You should love working outside of an office, but also be able to maintain professionalism in an office environment.
- Interpersonal skills – You work well with others, communicate effectively with those around you and remain open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication – You speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills.
- Written communication – You edit your work for spelling and grammar and present numerical data effectively. You are able to present your message clearly and are able to interpret written information from others.
- Planning/organizing – You prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- Quality control – You have a discerning palate and you pay attention to the details that make the difference between pretty good and remarkable.
- Local market knowledge – You know your city in and out, down to understanding of different neighborhood personalities.
- Zipcar knowledge – You know what Zipcar is all about and how it contributes to a better urban living experience.
- Adaptability – You know that change is inevitable, and you thrive in an environment where every day is a new adventure with new opportunities.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs. and to carry collateral materials and displays.
- You are proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic internet tools.
- You can pass the Zipcar driving check, background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Competitive Compensation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Free Membership
- Discounts on services, products and much more
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE