Being part of The Globe and Mail team, Canada's #1 National newspaper requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to customer service in a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Demonstrating these values in the workplace everyday is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. We are currently looking to engage a full-time Marketing Assistant in our Marketing Department. If you are the best in your field, we'd like to hear from you.
- Plan and schedule all advertising bookings and placements for house, business development partners and sponsorship ads; coordinate with production, ASR's, agency, and clients to manage, book, and track all ads;
- Assist the Director of Marketing/Managers with the execution of consumer/trade campaigns and strategic PR to increase the profile and visibility of The Globe brand in print and online;
- Prepare and execute reader and sales promotions (including managing external suppliers);
- Facilitate and assist with day-to-day agency relations, including briefings, creative development, billings and account administration;
- Assist in the initial evaluation, planning and implementation of corporate sponsorships, respond to incoming requests and manage all related contracts, ad bookings and administration of each agreement;
- Preparation and maintenance of a master database of all sponsorships, segmented by category and extent of Globe and Mail corporate involvement;
- Maintain budget control report to track and forecast monthly spending and measure effectiveness of promotional activities and processing of invoices;
- Coordinate marketing project schedules, prepare status reports and manage deadlines to ensure smooth workflow from project inception through approvals, execution and evaluation.
- Assist the Director of Marketing with coordination of initiatives as required
- Strong marketing and project management skills with minimum 1-2 years experience;
- Keen interest in marketing, sponsorships and promotions;
- Post secondary education preferably with a marketing focus;
- Proven project administration skills in the area of promotions, sponsorships, marketing and PR;
- Knowledge of marketing, including familiarity with advertising and promotional tactics;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly; thrives in a deadline driven and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to synthesize detailed or complex information into concise recommendations, briefings or presentations;
- Superior organizational, time and budget management skills;
·Experience with high profile brands/products and dealing with multiple target groups (i.e. readers, advertisers, general public, media and community).