Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Marketing and Leasing Coordinator is primarily responsible for executing the sales and marketing plan for the property. The Marketing and Leasing Coordinator is expected to generate the necessary qualified traffic to meet or exceed the forecasted revenue targets and also to develop new and existing relationships.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Handle leasing inquiries, conduct tours, diligently pursue the close of each sale, perform follow-ups, and complete leasing paperwork with prospective residents.
- Following-up with leads gained from events and marketing initiatives on a daily basis.
- Train, supervise and coach leasing team to ensure that they are executing marketing initiatives, conducting tours, diligently pursuing the close of each sale, completing follow-ups in a timely manner, using tips to overcome objections, and executing the leasing paperwork thoroughly and correctly.
- Maintain daily leasing sheet with current events, promotions, internal competitions, leasing goals, availability and traffic.
- De-brief with leasing agents each day regarding traffic, prospect objections, prepare for anticipated leasing activities and conduct weekly leasing meetings with an agenda pre-approved by the General Manager.
- Verify and ensure that the tour route and show suites are walked daily and maintained in pristine condition.
- Complete weekly leasing and marketing property reports and any other required reports requested.
- Ensure all executed lease files are accurate, complete, organized and entered into lease tracking directory and property management system. Perform quarterly file audits as directed by the General Manager.
- Provide daily leasing recap to the Property Team and interact with the Ownership Team when necessary
- Work with the Property Team and leasing staff to create and implement the annual property sales and marketing plan, and budget that details all the advertising and promotional initiatives to reach occupancy and revenue goals.
- Plan and implement the annual renewal and new leasing campaign.
- Identify new opportunities to generate leases for the property in order to meet and/or exceed forecasted revenue, occupancy or other identified leasing targets.
- Continually evaluate the marketing plan initiatives, competition and budget based on pre-leasing velocity, staff and prospect feedback in order to make improvements and adjust for new opportunities.
- Develop and monitor a detailed social media strategy for the property demographic.
- Integrate the property into the community by way of maintaining a good image and ensuring that a positive relationship is kept with the local communities, organization and university departments.
- Become a contact for various local membership organizations, student clubs and maintain a strong relationship with them; coordinate, staff and attend all events with promotional/networking opportunities on or offsite.
- Provide support, if requested, for other individual properties in their sales and marketing efforts.
- Ensure all leasing and marketing materials are up to date and presentable and adhere to all regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with every resident and provide feedback and recommendations to Property Team to improve operations and the overall resident experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Health & Safety
- Require employees to work in a safe manner, using any provided protective devices, following all measure and procedures that are required by the Government Legislation and Campus Living Centres.
- Ensure employees are advised of and trained on the existence of any potential or actual danger to their health or safety of which the supervisor is aware.
- Ensure every precaution reasonable in the circumstances is taken for the protection of an employee.
- Support a safe work environment that is free from any violence or harassment.
- Reinforce and demonstrate a positive “health and safety” attitude.
- Hold information sessions with staff on health and safety issues.
- Develop an effective working relationship with JHSC members and support their role.
- Perform informal workplace inspections daily and formal workplace inspections quarterly.
- Make every reasonable attempt to resolve any employee health and safety concerns.
- Conduct Incident Investigations and ensure these are discussed at JHSC and management meetings.
- Correct any substandard or unsafe acts or any unsafe conditions and reporting concerns.
- Ensure that a maintenance program for any equipment and machinery in the workplace is carried out.
- Implement emergency plans when necessary and ensure that employees have been properly trained.
- Regularly evaluate employee performance and provide periodic feedback with respect to health and safety.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Performance Objectives & Targets
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Business and Financial Acumen