As Manager - Marketing Communications, the candidate will lead the team that develops and executes Mass Advertising for TELUS' mobility products and services.
Please note: This is a temporary full-time opportunity expected to last up to 12 months.
The Manager – Marketing Communications is responsible for:
- Managing the development and execution of all Mobility mass advertising campaigns, including TV, print, radio, out-of-home
- Leading and coaching a team of marketing communications professionals
- Managing annual production and agency retainer budgets
- Managing the development and execution of all hardware and screens imagery
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal departments (including product marketing, product development and regional teams)
- Leading and fostering the relationship with external creative agencies to drive best-in-class campaigns
- Championing the TELUS brand, its evolution and articulation through future friendly marketing communications
- Driving the Customers First philosophy through customer-focused campaigns
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with superior interpersonal/leadership skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic and competitive environment
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills are necessary
- Superior creative problem solving, strategic, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven track record in developing a team
- Must be able to schedule and manage multiple complex tasks
- Ideally a people person with outstanding relationship development skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office based applications
- Ability to thrive in a team oriented environment
- Ability to interact with executives and support senior management
- Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of progressive experience with a background in marketing communications
- Experience in managing a team
- Telecommunications and/or agency experience a bonus
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly possibilities®
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.