Are you a dynamic self-starter with knowledge of the construction and electrical industry? If so, consider applying for this new unique role representing the interests of both union and management.
The Joint Electrical Promotion Plan (JEPP) is a corporation that was formed in 1992 by the Electrical Trade Bargaining Agency (ETBA) of the Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Construction Council of Ontario (IBEW-CCO). The JEPP Board recently renewed their mission to develop market share for the unionized electrical sector in Ontario through a broad range of marketing, promotion, government relations and advocacy, and training initiatives.
The JEPP Board of Directors is seeking an individual for this non-partisan role to lead and implement strategies set by the Board.
Marketing, promotion and communication, including:
- Developing a marketing program and materials;
- Working with industry partners to implement training initiatives;
- Working with areas across Ontario to promote the unionized trade locally;
- Representing the JEPP at tradeshows and other industry events; and
- Conducting market research and analysis.
Government relations and advocacy, including:
- Spearheading lobbying efforts and events;
- Building relationships with key contacts; and
- Reviewing current news and trends to identify issues pertaining to the industry.
Business Planning and budgeting, including:
- Managing the JEPP’s strategic objectives by creating an action plan;
- Developing and managing the JEPP’s budget;
- Evaluating performance of the JEPP; and
- Providing reports as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and promotion with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or associationsector
- Experience with government relations/advocacy is preferred
- Degree or Diploma in marketing, advertising, sales, business administration, or a field related to the industry
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and promotion activities
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key business partners and other stakeholders
- Commitmenttoworkingwithsharedleadershipandincross-functionalteams, while maintaining a non-partisan approach
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Experience with budget preparation and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and creativity, ability to work well alone and take direction from multiple sources
- Travel across Ontario
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the minimum requirements above.