Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Start Date of Employment: Immediately
Our company delivers quality association management services in order to foster strategic growth and development of our client associations. Our success is measured through the successes of those we serve.
We are a family-operated, private company and since 1978 we have specialized in providing association management services to not-for-profit organizations. We take great pride in our work and our willingness to go the extra mile for our clients.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works with both external clients and internal staff. As a key member of the team, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator must have highly developed, interpersonal skills including writing, spelling and grammar, as well as a positive, upbeat attitude. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will provide marketing and communications support to various association board members and internal staff on a daily basis and is expected to be flexible and have the skills to manage competing priorities. The position requires a positive, well organized, enthusiastic professional with the ability to work independently and solve problems, as well as the ability to work as a team member.
The successful candidate will work under the Executive Director of the association and duties include but are not limited to overseeing the implementation of the marketing and communications plan for an association client including:
- Overseeing an update of the client’s website
- Coordinating trade show opportunities including researching opportunities, submitting applications, shipping of materials, etc.
- Work with volunteers across Canada in coordinating presentations to be delivered to students, professional groups, etc.
- Liaise with the Communications Committee on identifying opportunities for promotion and marketing of the association
- Deliver communication support to the Executive Director of the association
- Coordinate communications to association members both in print and online as required
- Implement and manage social media platforms
- Create, distribute and manage press releases
- Other responsibilities as required
- Experience in Marketing and Communications is preferred.
- A willingness to learn and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently is important
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are critical
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat, Adobe products and the ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team both within the office and with our clients on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail is important
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- May be required to work hours outside of regular Monday-Friday, 9 to 5 work week
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset