Responsible for delivering Library objectives by providing strategic internal and external communications. Markets the services offered by Aurora Public Library to the community. Provides leadership and support in public relations, community relations, internal communications, social media, social marketing and media relations. Identifies opportunities to raise the community's awareness of the Library's services, spaces and impacts.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills, as well as advanced computer skills (including MS Office and web/print design software.
Works 70 hours per two week period including occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- University degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or suitable equivalent
- Minimum of three years relevant experience with a sound working knowledge of current professional communication and marketing techniques
- Demonstrated track record of successful development of marketing strategies and communications skills, interacting with customers, and in building customer awareness of products/services.
- Demonstrated proficiency with marketing related software and in integrating new technologies and social media platforms into marketing practices.
- Valid Class "G" driver's licence in good standing and use of an automobile for corporate business.