Are you looking for an opportunity to make your passion for travel a career?
MHV Travel Services is a boutique agency focused on delivering luxury travel experiences in Huatulco, Mexico (South-Pacific Coast of Mexico). We operate our sales and marketing office in Guelph, Ontario, whereas Guest Services and Itinerary Planning are handled in the destination office in Huatulco, Mexico.
We are seeking a dynamic, media-savvy Marketing and Administrative Assistant to support our team.
We represent over 100 stunning, privately-owned properties. In our Guelph office, we liaise with prospective guest inquiries from around-the-world by linking guests with private villas and vacation packages that meet the needs of their unique travel preferences. In addition to private vacation packages, we also host corporate groups and destination television productions (such as mainstream US Reality TV shows) on our properties.
MHV is the largest agency of its kind in the region, and this is your opportunity to start your career with us!
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and personable assistant to join our team. You should should be passionate about travel, and a fan of tropical vacation experiences! This is an entry-level role, and has lots of room for growth.
The position is a support-role for the sales and marketing team, and requires data entry, administration and reporting on many of our client and marketing tools. You will further support the sales team by presenting data that helps the client representatives understand what the current demand is like for our destination market, and how clients are interacting with us during the sales process. This position also offers a fantastic opportunity for marketing creativity! You will be hands-on with our social media campaigns and e-newsletters, and collaborate on new marking ideas and testing of tools.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Month-End Property Performance Reports
- Client Support
- Sales Lead Tracking and Updating
- In-Market Client Analytics Reporting
- Marketing Initiative Performance/Analytics Reports
- Implementation of identified opportunities for campaign enhancements
- E-Newsletters – content and layout, distribution, and performance tracking
- Social Media Campaign Administration & Updates
- Development of New Property Listings
- Website Marketing Updates – new content, usability improvements, etc. (no coding requirements)
- Set-up of New Property Image Galleries
What you bring:
- Passion for adventure and travelling – wanderlust is a must-have!
- College Diploma or University Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Travel & Tourism
- Computer savvy, with a knowledge of social media, content writing/blogging
- Willingness to work 40 hours/week (Tuesdays – Saturdays)
- Ability to travel to Mexico, when required
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with the ability to communicate in Spanish (written/spoken), is highly desired
Compensation range is $29,000 - $32,000, dependent upon experience, with added travel bonus.
This exciting opportunity awaits! We can’t wait to meet you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. Must be eligible for international travel.