We have a full time opportunity for a Marketing Analyst to work for the Sunnybrook Foundation. Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is inventing the future of health care with a focus on trauma, cardiac, stroke, high-risk pregnancy and newborns and cancer. Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise the awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
- Execute segmentation and data list selections to deadline for all marketing and communications campaign activity. This will include updating the database prior to each campaign following the appeal and segmentation rules, and working with various external providers to ensure a smooth delivery of service.
- Establish, track and evolve a series of marketing metrics, and use these to produce monthly and quarterly management reports for the purpose of identifying trend data and highlighting strategic strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Work with Director, Direct Marketing in data planning serving as an integral member of campaign pre-planning, recommending data and test strategies.
- Work closely with the Direct Marketing Officers to review direct marketing communications to ensure response devices are accurately collecting and interpreting data fields.
- Assist in developing campaign post-analysis reports and help determine key insights to help drive the business.
- In consultation with Business Systems maintain and execute established database maintenance, monthly transmissions and data imports.
- Update procedures as required based on business objectives and requirements.
- Maintain user documentation in connection with all analysis and data segmentation and selections to ensure consistency, efficiency and accuracy.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in data mining techniques to ensure that fundraising and marketing strategies remain current and effective.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field
- Minimum of three years experience working with a fundraising, marketing or membership relational database such as Raiser's Edge, (this experience should include the ability to conduct queries, selections, imports, exports, mailing analysis, etc.)
- Good understanding of the structure of relational databases and their implementation
- Proven ability to quickly understand and work effectively within a wide variety of business functions, evolving information technologies and related factors
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic solutions to complicated and difficult problems utilizing excellent analytical, problem definition and problem solving skills
- Understands the principles and practice of federal and provincial privacy legislation
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 / SQL Programming Language
- Advanced Microsoft Access and Excel knowledge
Skills and abilities required:
- Excellent analytical ability, strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead by example and achieve the desired results by encouragingand supporting the contributions of others
- Demonstrates self-confidence, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Effective time manager with the ability to manage multiple priorities at one time and multiple projects over varying timelines
- Strong teamwork ethics including willingness to transfer knowledge
- Professional attitude, results oriented, strategic and flexible
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including ability to relate with different levels of stakeholders, interpreting complex programs and ideas to a varied audience