American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
It is an exciting time in the Small Business Services (SBS) division. It is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic businesses within American Express Canada. The Small Business Services Division is comprised of acquisition teams, account development teams, and marketing and product teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the Data management and reporting for Small Business Services as well as the management of data providers. This is a critical position working on a strategic priority for American Express. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, strong attention to detail, comfortable in project managing idea from concept through to implementation and post implementation evaluation, and experienced in managing external agencies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in identifying and implementing approaches to remediate data challenges, working closely with external vendors, Marketing colleagues and other key business units.
- Interpretation of complex data in order to develop business cases
- Coordinate existing and new vendor relationship both internal and external to enhance prospect acquisition
- Maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging 3rd party data sources as needed for Sales Analytic
- Sharing of best practice & key learning as they relate to data integrity.
Reporting and Analysis
- Developing comprehensive KPIs, dashboards and forecasts to track & monitor Channel performance
- Identify key vertical/industry strategies and develop content specific to those verticals to enable Telesales and Prop Sales
- Manage circulation of marketing review documentation and reference materials (i.e. Red Folder)
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Proven ability to translate technical analysis into clear findings and recommendations
- Experience/exposure to analyzing key performance indicators to identify trends and inform business decisions.
- Excellent data manipulation and analytical skills.
- Possess superior communication and influencing skills that result in buy-in and acceptance across multiple stakeholders
- A self-starter who is able to manage multiple opportunities
- Demonstrate Personal Excellence and a will-to-win approach
- Must be a “power user” of Excel, Access and Power Point and be comfortable with the rest of the Microsoft Office suite
- Prefer proficiency in SAS or other data analysis software
- University degree in Marketing/Commerce/Statistics or equivalent combination of education and business experience
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it.