World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. As followers of Jesus, World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people. World Vision serves all people regardless of religions, race, ethnicity or gender. We offer an exciting environment where people help make a difference in the lives of children around the world!
This is an exciting management position in a fast-paced and very competitive landscape with significant opportunity for growth and development. The Manager,
Youth Marketing reports to the Director, Specialized Marketing and is responsible for the strategic development and successful execution of the 30 Hour Famine fund-raising campaign. With the support of two direct reports, this individual is tasked with achieving a revenue target of approximately $4 million with agreed upon cost efficiencies. The Manager, Youth Marketing is also responsible for the development and successful launch of new fundraising initiatives that target the broader youth market; as part of our organization’s overall youth strategy.
- Create annual marketing plans for the World Vision 30 Hour Famine campaign; which result in achieving set revenue targets with acceptable cost efficiencies.
- Partner with ad agencies and internal partners to develop creative, media and product strategies that motivate the youth audience into action.
- Develop and implement innovative marketing strategies for engaging the broader youth market with new and existing marketing campaigns leading to fundraising targets.
- Be a youth market expert, remaining in tune with the ever-changing trends of Canadian youth
- Partner with internal stakeholders to help in the development and refinement of a robust youth engagement strategy that supports our organization’s strategy and key objectives.
Essential to this position is a proven track record of being able to achieve revenue targets, diligent expense management, and evaluate success against key performance indicators. Experience developing cutting-edge marketing programs for the Youth audience is a strong asset.
- University degree, with a marketing focus and/or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in direct marketing with fund-raising experience a definite asset.
- Experience with youth marketing is essential.
- Good analytical, decision making, communication and negotiation skills; must be a team player.
- 3+ years of managing direct reports, with specific ad agency experience considered a strong asset.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.