Canadian Tire offers employees a wealth of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We are a successful and growing company that values diversity and innovative thinking, and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering a wide range of career paths, comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We reward our employees with a unique mix of benefits from store discount to flexible health to profit-sharing. Our employees are passionate owners of our company who help build our reputation as one of the best places to work in Canada.
Join our talented team of over 50,000 employees and develop your career through our broad and diverse group of businesses which include, Canadian Tire Corporation, Canadian Tire Retail, Canadian Tire Associate Stores, Canadian Tire Petroleum, PartSource, Canadian Tire Financial Services and Mark's Work Wearhouse.The following exciting career opportunity for Strategic Marketing Manager, Seasonal is currently available in the Marketing Department reporting to the AVP, Strategic Marketing.
The Strategic Marketing Manager, Seasonal is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of annual Marketing strategies and Marketing plans for the Seasonal division at CTR (Spring and Christmas focus). Within this role, the Strategic Marketing Manager will work closely with the Seasonal Merchandising division to build strong Marketing strategies and highly effective Marketing plans that support the Seasonal division's long-term vision and business strategies
- Develop and drive strong relationships with the Seasonal division and ensure a thorough understanding of business goals, opportunities, challenges, etc.
- Work in partnership with Seasonal division to develop sound Marketing strategies that balance consumer understanding with business requirements.
- Lead role in the development of the Spring and Christmas Marketing strategies working collaboratively with key cross-functional teams to ensure 360 degree in-market activation: Digital, PR, Flyer, In-store, etc.
- Based on a thorough understanding of the consumer target and the business objectives, consistently initiate and lead new or improved Marketing opportunities that drive the business forward
- Work effectively with the Branded Products and Programs team responsible for the coordination of activities to achieve optimal brand positioning on Canadian Tire's Seasonal private label brands (Noma, Yardworks, For Living, Blue Planet, Debbie Travis).
- Manage agency partner relationships effectively & efficiently (Taxi, Mediacom, etc)
- Propose appropriate consumer research to refine consumer understanding around the female consumer, feed strategic direction and create clear, concise marketing strategies and briefs
- Combine in-depth understanding of Seasonal world (Spring and Christmas) with strong consumer insight to develop effective and breakthrough business level marketing plans
- Develop annual business reviews that highlight key opportunity areas for marketing concentration
- Develop fully-integrated, multi-channel Marketing plans that deliver against aligned to Marketing strategies
- Direct and manage the execution of all aspects of the multi-channel marketing plan
- Achieve business goals and financial targets for assigned plans or launches including setting appropriate ROI measurement metrics and measuring and reporting against them.
-10+ years of progressive marketing (or business) experience
-Solid experience in managing national or retail brands including P&L ownership
-Experience at a Tier 1 packaged goods company and/or major retailer an asset
-University education required; MBA an asset
-Excellent relationship building skills
-Ability to create clear direction and persuade/gain alignment from senior level stakeholders
-The duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks