The Social Media Centre of Expertise provides thought leadership on developments and best practices in social media, contributing to social strategies and providing guidance to partners in order to leverage social as a competitive advantage. The team acts as subject matter experts on social; sets and shares social media best practices through consultation and training; builds and manages social media engagement and ambassador programs; and oversees TD social media communities.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Social Media, this role is responsible for:
- Leverage extensive, outstanding social media expertise and current best practices to lead and grow TD's Employee Social Media Ambassador Program, including
- day to day management
- governance and compliance
- ongoing training and adoption
- measurement, optimization and reporting
- As social media subject matter expert, consult with line of business and marketing partners on social media strategy and best practices
- Provide ongoing expertise and guidance on social media opportunities to partners including assessing, planning, developing and launching authentic, relevant social media capabilities for our businesses – be a leader in digital fluency
- Understand the Financial Services market, monitor cultural and social media trends, know the competitive landscape and test and learn new ways to engage with customers via social media platforms and programs
- As required, working closely with Corporate and Public Affairs, Marketing and relevant stakeholders, provide social media support on issues and crises.
- Create and execute project roadmaps with detailed breakdowns of tactics, milestones, timelines and tasks
- Track and analyze performance metrics, provide regular reporting to stakeholders and leverage results to provide informed POVs and recommendations
- Manage social media budgets on key projects
Undergraduate or Graduate degree with a concentration in Communications, Marketing or Business would be an asset. Educational background in Social Media would be an asset
- Minimum of 6-7 years of communications, social media and/or interactive engagement experience (e.g. digital marketing, public relations, and website) for a large brand (regulated environment is a plus)
- Strong familiarity with the financial landscape
- Experience building and managing a large social media ambassador program
- A passion for social media including staying up to date on emerging trends, understanding how social media platforms work, and being personally and compliantly active on social media
- Experience with planning, building and managing social programs and communities, developing, leading and executing social media strategies and analyzing and reporting results
- Experience leading content for social, including managing and executing content strategies, producing and managing agile content on opportunity and guiding agency partners in the production of content
- Experience successfully managing agency and vendor relationships
- Strong familiarity and experience with Influencer Marketing and Social Ambassador programs and how brands leverage them as a competitive advantage
- Analytical skills – able to evaluate research results and leverage facts to support POVs and recommendations.
- An ability to lead teams and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- A resilient problem solver with strong business acumen and exceptional communication skills who can adapt and flourish in an ever evolving environment
- Must be imaginative, have good judgment, a positive attitude, a commitment to delivering measurable results and a proven ability to manage complex projects to successful completion while managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience using social media tools and platforms, eg. Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.