The Manager Shopper Marketing and Planning develops and manages the thought leadership and execution of marketing/advertising initiatives that support the merchant businesses and drive category sales, profits and customer experience/loyalty at an accelerated pace. Additionally, strategically develops and manages the design and ongoing management of the teams and processes required to deliver on a successful and revenue generating vendor management program. Leads the integration and partnership for Private label brand marketing. Leads with a customer first and employee engagement lens at all times.
- Leads the design, strategy and execution of the shopper marketing program; understanding of market segmentation, consumer, category and competitive insights to build out comprehensive and strategic category marketing strategies that deliver to the brand message and store experience.
- Provides guidance to Shopper Marketing team on overall strategy leading the development of a 52 week event based calendar for the organization by merchant business that guides the shopper marketing content and activity plan. Ensuring alignment with key partners.
- Working with the functional Marketing Team to ensure cross functional integration of cross category events, using all appropriate marketing channels including but not limited to mass, PR, flyer, digital, instore, social etc. •Creation and ownership of Post mortem process to understand the impact of marketing activity and making strategic recommendations for future campaigns. Identify, develop, and implement consistent reporting and measurement process with clear frameworks.
- Collaborate with merchant teams, vendors and operations to develop the plans, implement and communicate.
- Management of Shopper Marketing budget
- Design and implement the shopper marketing strategy and process and align/collaborate with the merchant and operations organization on ownership, deliverables, and forecast.
- Own and manage key vendor marketing relationships, developing benchmarks and frameworks for vendor management process.
- Responsible for the functional team that supports and manages the day to day of the shopper marketing program execution
- Attend trade shows and conferences in order to identify trends, enhance innovation, identify new vendor partners, and create presence.
People and Team
- 1 Direct report and 1 indirect report. Responsible for creating an engaging, positive, culture that drives results. Focusing on being a leader that is a change and culture champion.
- Leadership role, role model in the organization, culture champion, helping to build cross-functional high performing matrix teams, cultivating relationships with Quebec partners and sharing best practices.
Process and Automation
- Responsible for defining the processes and transitioning them into automated environments over the long term.
- 10+ years in Marketing roles
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build clearly articulated and influential sales presentations
- Strong sense of initiative and willingness to be entrepeneurial in your thinking
- Ability to influence, interact and present to key stakeholders across all levels of management
- Budget management and accounting skills a requirement
- Must have previous experience leading, building, implementing, and executing integrated and complex brand Sponsorship campaigns
- Excellent negotiation skills & strong project management skills
- Must have previous experience with Shopper Marketing, flyer optimization programs, and category marketing
- Previous experience leading, coaching and managing people required
Metro is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or this job description to be available in an accessible format, please advise.