The career you want.
As the Manager, Retail Marketing, the successful incumbent will be responsible for leading the planning, strategic development, and execution of national and local marketing programs and promotions. He/she will also provide marketing support to retail programs and contribute to the development of annual brand marketing plans.
- Lead the strategic development and execution of marketing plans for assigned product categories, specifically wireless and residential services.
- Work with carrier and OEM partners to support key launches and define and execute programs to grow category and product sales.
- Work with carrier and merchandising teams to identify market and segment opportunities/gaps and address by defining and executing compelling, effective offers.
- Lead the development and execution of programs, partnerships, promotions. Manage agency partners, processes, stakeholders and follow up on all deliverables.
- Develop and deliver partner- and executive-facing presentations to communicate marketing plans, program results, and partnership opportunities and drive buy in and alignment across stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional teams (including agencies, creative & production, merchandising, operations) to ensure optimal teamwork and flawless execution of marketing plans and campaigns.
- Manage the creative development process - brief in-house and external agency partners, participate in production, and manage creative approvals.
- Manage category promotion and advertising calendar, media plan and budget.
- Conduct thorough & timely evaluation of marketing programs, advertising and promotions. Interpret and assess through key metrics and KPIs (supported by Manager, Consumer Insight and external research partners), determining results and implications for future.
- Contribute to the development of annual brand marketing plans.
- Stay informed and educated on competitive landscape, consumer insights, and business results.
Skills we’re looking for.
- Minimum 8 years Marketing/Brand Management experience required, with experience in the retail or multi-unit environments an asset.
- Previous experience in mobility/telecom marketing role.
- An understanding of the wireless and residential services competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under tight deadlines and multiple priorities, with a proactive approach to issue resolution
- Experience leading category growth and campaign execution in a fast-paced, competitive industry.
- University Degree, B.A. in Business Administration, B. Comm. or MBA preferred.
- Able to proactively recognize and acts on opportunities consistent with business strategy, as well as develop strategy and build objectives and programs to achieve stated strategic direction.
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Fact-based decision maker.
- Ability to lead projects across a cross-functional team, to integrate diverse opinions, and deal with ambiguity.