The Hershey Company, headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery leader known for bringing goodness to the world through its chocolate, sweets, mints and other great-tasting snacks. Hershey has approximately 22,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company has more than 80 brands around the world that drive more than $7.4 billion in annual revenues, including such iconic brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Jolly Rancher, Ice Breakers and Brookside. Building on its core business, Hershey is expanding its portfolio to include a broader range of delicious snacks. The company remains focused on growing its presence in key international markets while continuing to extend its competitive advantage in North America.
At Hershey, goodness has always been about more than delicious products. For more than 120 years, Hershey has been committed to operating fairly, ethically and sustainably. Hershey founder, Milton Hershey, created the Milton Hershey School in 1909 and since then the company has focused on giving underserved children the skills and support they need to be successful. Today, the company continues this social purpose through 'Nourishing Minds,' a global initiative that provides basic nutrition to help children learn and grow. From neighborhoods across the United States to the streets of Shanghai and Mumbai and villages of West Africa, our goal is to nourish one million minds by 2020.
Responsible for evolving strategic brand marketing planning capabilities and integrated marketing communications principles with a mandate to making Marketing a ‘Centre of Excellence’.
Act as consultant and thought leader to internal brand teams for brand strategy, creative development and media connections planning in order to codify and translate shared learnings into best development practices to ultimately elevate the marketing competencies of the team.
Influence and partner with brand teams and agency partners alike to champion annual marketing planning and marketing communications for a portfolio of iconic brands, from strategy development to creative executional excellence, media connections planning and everything in between.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Champion the strategic brand planning process that results in a senior management endorsed annual marketing plans including thought leadership and stewardship of recommended content for key marketing milestones (Brand Reviews, Brand Plans, Demand Creation Strategies etc.)
- Act as the Marketing single point of contact on the Annual Planning Team, building strong relationships with internal cross functional stakeholders to gain buy-in to annual planning approach
- Leader and steward of the Integrated Marketing Communications process and principles from brief to creative development to production, acting as the main point of contact between agency partners, marketing and US centre of marketing excellence.
- Seamlessly integrate with brand teams and agencies, leveraging in-depth brand and media knowledge to help brand teams ideate and create engaging, business driving communications campaigns.
- Working closely with US, agency and marketing, to support the development and optimization of media planning principles, processes and strategies to keep pace with evolving consumer needs, and emerging media. This includes social media, OLV (programmatic), SEO/SEM and digital infrastructure (e.g. mobile/website.).
- Provide thought leadership, stewardship and partnership on agency management, creative best practices, and marketing activation efficiencies. Support Senior Marketing Manager in building a robust agency ecosystem of preferred agency partnerships, facilitating the agency evaluation process and new agency capabilities reviews where applicable
- Research and stay abreast of all things marketing communications related, including media, social, technology and creative development best practices in order to glean external insights into shared learnings for the team. Plan, organize and/or facilitate relevant training or immersion sessions to effectively coach and develop Hershey marketers
Major Duties/Responsibilities/Summary of major duties:
- Provide thought leadership and stewardship of the annual marketing planning process
- Effectively influence and partner with Hershey marketers and agencies to adopt and maintain marketing communications best practices (both creative development and media connections)
- Lead the Integrated Marketing Communications process acting as the main point of contact between agency partners, marketing and US centre of marketing excellence.
- Build a robust and relevant training agenda via US centre of excellence, agencies and external partners (Facebook, Google etc) that continually elevates the brand strategy and marketing communications competencies of the team.
Experience / Qualifications:
-5 years marketing and/or advertising experience with a focus on brand strategy and integrated marketing communications planning, preferably with both agency and corporate marketing environments; CPG specific experience or consumer brands experience preferred
-Experience in drawing insights from consumer behaviours and business data to develop consumer facing propositions
-Proven ability to lead and develop winning marketing communications with a desire to continually evolve the creative process
-Strong knowledge of digital creative, media and technology, including digital communication best practices, social media platforms, paid media strategy fundamentals, pricing models, targeting/planning/buying strategies, key KPIs, and measurement methods
-Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
-Experience with cross-functional team leadership
-Strong knowledge of digital/social landscape, leading providers, partners, tools, strategies and the like
-Strong quantitative, analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
-Experience delivering results in fast-paced, highly collaborative, team-oriented environments
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Digital-related field is required
- MBA nice to have
Benefits & Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course… some of the finest chocolate, sweets and snack products (and an awesome company store!)
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement program as well as other great employee benefits
- Corporate social responsibility programs - because we should leave the world a little better than we found it.
- Fantastic reward and recognition programs.
- Recognition that you need to work when and where you’re at your best: Flextime with required core working hours of 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Telecommuting
- Working in a flexible, open concept environment designed to drive creativity and collaboration