BCIT’s Marketing and Communications is seeking a regular, full-time Manager, Marketing. The Manager, Marketing will manage the crucial relationships between Marketing and Communications and the BCIT community.
This position is responsible for developing marketing programs to drive student enrolment and increase brand affinity amongst key stakeholder groups, such as prospective and current students, alumni, donors and industry partners. This will be facilitated through the exceptional management of a team of Marketing and Communications professionals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates as a member of the Marketing and Communications management team, providing input to development of strategies, advising and making recommendations on key decisions, and sharing responsibility for departmental achievements and success.
- Manages directly and indirectly reporting staff, overseeing and participating in selection, coaching, mentoring, development, performance management and all other people-management practices.
- Leads the planning, execution, measurement and optimization of all Institute advertising campaigns.
- Ensures the cohesive development and implementation of an Institute-wide brand marketing plan, as well as overseeing School and/or sector-based marketing plans across the Institute.
- Responsible for the Institute’s digital marketing and communications strategy, and tactical implementation of digital marketing and website content optimization. Provides digital leadership and innovation including advertising, social paid and owned, email marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) for marketing and recruitment, and procurement.
- Ensures planning, coordination and production of printed materials through the Marketing and Communication department.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications team members to ensure seamless delivery of strategic creative solutions and products, briefings and presentations, planning and processes.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications management team to ensure a strong environment of collaboration and shared services is developed between the divisions.
- Supports strategic and timely planning and execution of BCIT’s media strategy and marketing campaigns with the agency partner.
- Establishes solid communication channels with business development managers and embedded marketing representatives in schools and service departments.
- Manages and provides oversight of brand, marketing and campaign budgets, ensuring budgets are tracked and reconciled.
- Represents the Institute in external activities that support widespread partnerships.
- Researches and maintains awareness of emerging trends and best practices, identifying opportunities to enhance work, and to support achievement of departmental goals.
- Participates in selection committees for the procurement of services and products.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, with documented ongoing education in related areas.
- Minimum five years of direct and current experience in marketing.
- Additional marketing experience including branding, digital marketing, market research, CRM, and advertising is preferred.
- Experience in digital and online marketing and web analytics.
- Proven understanding of search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and customer relationship management (CRM).
- Experience with, and an understanding of, the graphic and print industry.
- Exceptional people leadership, professional standards, communication skills, resourcefulness and energy, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing a cross-functional team is strongly desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends when required.
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca. Full job description is available through our careers page.
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.