OECM is a small (30 employees and growing) not-for-profit group procurement organization, located in Toronto, with a track record of success in collaborative sourcing and procurement and customer and supplier relationship management. OECM has a unique mandate to create and deliver value for Ontario's school boards, colleges and universities and other broader public sector organizations. We help our customers achieve savings to support their investment in accessible, high quality education initiatives which ultimately result in creating benefits for students such as lowering student fees, investing in learning infrastructure and programs and enhancing academic staff capacity.
OECM is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Manager, Marketing and Communications
OECM is looking for a Manager, Marketing and Communications, a prime agent and catalyst with a strong business results orientation, to partner with the CEO, internal senior business leaders, managers and staff to advance OECM’s business growth and transformation goals by leading, promoting and taking OECM’s Marketing and Communications Program to the next level. The end result? Help to differentiate and sustain OECM’s competitive advantage as a leader in Ontario’s public sector supply management landscape.
This is not a “business as usual” role. OECM is pursuing an ambitious business transformation and growth strategy over the next five years. You are well positioned for this role if you are a natural “Marcomm” leader, a mid-career professional and a self-starter with a proven track record of success in partnering with business leaders to drive exceptional marketing and communications strategies focusing on:
- strengthening OECM’s brand and building the strategic communications/engagement/advocacy approaches to support a business transformation agenda that demonstrates how OECM creates and delivers value for customers and key stakeholders
- creating smart new marketing/lead generation campaigns by applying “private sector thinking” in a not-for-profit environment and “making it happen” to drive business growth plans and optimize the customer experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- You are OECM’s “Brand Champion” in promoting how OECM creates and delivers value by building/enhancing/protecting OECM’s brand, corporate messaging, value propositions, “look and feel”, and embedding in all on/off line channels
- You are the “go-to” expert for building, planning and executing high profile corporate communications, engagement and advocacy strategies to build awareness of/promote OECM’s strategic business objectives and “vision of value” and develop and foster key internal and external relationships (in particular at the executive level), ensuring open communication and consistent collaboration.
- You enjoy partnering with business leaders to plan and execute high impact, targeted marketing strategies/campaigns and tactics in connecting customers and suppliers with leading edge products and services to meet customers’ needs, drive lead and demand generation, optimize the customer experience/buying journey and deepen relationships that will achieve aggressive business targets
- You are relentless in modernizing OECM’s digital presence, in particular the corporate website, to strengthen the outreach and credibility of value propositions, ensuring Ontario’s AODA obligations are embedded into all channels
- You will drive “Marcomm” performance effectiveness and promote a culture of success to optimize the customer experience with a clear map of measurable tactics.
What You’ll Bring:
- “Done it before” experience in building and implementing a Brand preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Senior level experience in providing strategic advice to the CEO and senior management team in planning and leading the execution of high profile communications (internal/external), engagement and advocacy strategies and tactics
- Seasoned experience and a passion for optimizing the customer experience by developing and executing high impact, data-driven, customer-segmented, targeted marketing strategies/campaigns
- Comprehensive understanding of/experience with building and implementing digital channels and platforms, especially websites and their effectiveness in driving significant engagement with customers; experience in applying the key principles and obligations of Ontario’s legislative/regulatory obligations for ensuring accessible services an asset
- Strong people, project management, collaborative leadership and strategic influencer skills (“manager” level) in working cross-functionally with executives, managers and staff in fostering their alignment with OECM’s marketing and communications programs; able to manage multiple projects with a drive to deliver high quality work, on time and on budget
- Top-notch interpersonal, verbal communications and presentation skills; proven track record in writing, preparing and editing effective materials across a variety of communication channels with scrupulous attention to detail
- Strong planning and organization skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a complex, fast-paced and dynamic environment; outstanding troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Technical proficiency in MS Office Suite a MUST HAVE; must also have working knowledge of other technologies, e.g., CMS (Drupal), email platforms (Mailchimp), data analytics (Google), Survey tools (Survey Monkey) for preparing reports and presentations, chart-making and manipulation of large data sets, Business Growth Plans; desktop publishing skills., e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, etc., an asset.
- Post-secondary degree/certificate in marketing and communications, combined with digital multimedia, graphic design, new media design/web design/graphic design background or equivalent in related years of experience
What you'll get in return
- You’ll directly help to shape the transformation of a rapidly growing, not-for profit Group Procurement Organization in the Broader Public Sector, who is fast becoming a premier collaborative sourcing partner in Ontario’s public procurement landscape.
- You’ll be part of an innovative organization with a compelling growth and success story in achieving financial and a track record of success in generating savings for Ontario’s education institutions, resulting in more funds being available for core academic and administrative activities, ultimately for the benefits of students.
- You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to our innovative Supply Management team’s relentless pursuit of excellence in collaborative sourcing and customer and supplier partner relationship management.
- A permanent position and annual salary in the range of $80,000 - $100,000. OECM offers a competitive employee benefits package.
Send your covering letter and resume- Apply Now!
Please note that only suitable candidates will be considered or contacted.